Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    Waow! Can't get much simpler than that! Even _I_ was able to get this done!! Great job!

Only one thing I'd add to the PDF is what Rod said in the wiki. "use View "Full" to find these specific packages more easily".
    And therein lies the problem with guides that are documents attached to a post on a forum.

If the "Simplified" guide had actually been done as an update to the official community-maintained wiki page, then you could have gone in and made that clarification yourself, and *everyone* would have benefited.

I don't want to take away from anyone's contribution - all are appreciated. My input is that the contributions can be convergent instead of divergent if they are applied to the existing documentation instead of replicating information in a new separate guide.

Thanks again to everyone who is helping make this procedure easier for new users

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/07/2011 at 05:05 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    So, is there anything else that needs to be done outside of what's provided?
    ~Ted
    The official wiki page contains the complete procedure.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    gettin database error for the Wiki page.. I was able to build the Dr .jar file, but cannot find the file to save for a later installation..

I was also wondering the which would be better, combining my sprint pre- and my Pre2 and updating to 2.1 or just updating my pre- directly to 2.1..

any thoughts?

thx
    tp
    I guess where I get confused is, where exactly this fits in.
    I have WebOS Quick Install, and Novacom installed on my laptop currently.
    Can anyone offer a little more information, please?
    ~Ted
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    gettin database error for the Wiki page.. I was able to build the Dr .jar file, but cannot find the file to save for a later installation..

I was also wondering the which would be better, combining my sprint pre- and my Pre2 and updating to 2.1 or just updating my pre- directly to 2.1..

any thoughts?

thx
    tp
    Both wait for 24h until the wiki is back up again (or access the google cache) and then read the wiki page referenced in the first post.

You may also wish to read the official thread, which is also referenced in the first post. This is not the official thread.

-- Rod
    You can choose Cygwin, MacOSX or Linux. You only need one of those.

-- Rod
    Thanks so much Rod, your answers to my questions have been greatly, greatly appreciated!
    My last question is just about Palm's SDK, do I need just the "HP WebOS SDK" or, do I need "Virtual Box" as well? Like I mentioned, I already have Novacom and Java is up-to-date.
    Cheers!
    ~Ted
    Just the SDK is sufficient. You need VirtualBox if you want to run the emulator, but it is not required to install the novacom drivers or to run novacom or novaterm.

Please continue with any further questions about the process on the wiki page in the official thread, not this one.

-- Rod
    it's very nice to hear about this way.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    i installed 2.1 on my sprint pre- and it installed with no problem, everything works fine, and stuff, but i dont know how to get preware up and running again and i also lost my contacts, i guess when my profile was downloaded my contacts did not come with it, not even facebook contacts download into the phone. anyway i can fix it?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by r00t View Post
    i installed 2.1 on my sprint pre- and it installed with no problem, everything works fine, and stuff
    Glad to hear the install was successful. Please post your question in the official thread
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    ooh ok, thxx
    outstanding Rod! Thanks!

tp
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    hmmm... I am going to go ahead and give this a try. Seeing as how I will be getting the HTC Arrive soon but if that doesnt pan out I will return it in 30 days and just wait for the Pre3.

I will donate as soon as I can get home and try this out. I am at work right now remoting into my home PC running the scripts! lol how cool is that!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Can someone point me to the instructions for an AT&T Pre Plus that I swapped my Pre Minuses EVDO board into? Or do I just follow the Sprint instructions?

Thanks
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I click on the cmd file, a command window opens, and then nothing happens. Have I missed a step?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Many thanks for this. I originally meta-doctored to 2.1 the manual way (ubuntu on virtualbox), this was MUCH simpler
    Sprint Pre- | 2.1.0 | UberKernel
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen10 View Post
    I click on the cmd file, a command window opens, and then nothing happens. Have I missed a step?
    Did you copy both files in the zip to C:\Cygwin or just the cmd file?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Both files are there.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Maybe try reinstalling Cygwin and double check that all the required packages are selected?

Just throwing out ideas. Was able to run through the Sprint script ok on Windows 7.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    What are the possible problems if any if I use my current Palm Profile (1.4.5) to sign into 2.1? I read that there were problems with that before but I want to make sure that I dont lose anything as far as paid apps.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'll wait until I get to another computer and re-try it, I haven't had too much luck with cygwin at all...
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast