Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I didn't follow these directions. But I like your thoughts. I put 2.1 on my pre- with cygwin but wan't to try metadoctor but am totally lost. Would love to see easier to understand metadoctor directions.
    What's wrong with the official wiki page? And the video tutorials listed on that page?

-- Rod
    Oh, my, this thread is completely misleading, please, someone edit it and/or close it

Rod, there's nothing wrong with the Wiki Page. These scripts WILL NOT WORK on windows anymore. They won't work. Nobody is going to step in and debug the windows issues in Cygwin, people is completely lazy, they just expect things to work.

People, if you like, I can charge you $15+shipping and I'll gladly install 2.1 on your devices. Including the Pixis :P

Of course, people are cheap as well, so, they would rather wait till this is "fixed" than go and make a small effort and try to use a linux variant to make their own meta doctor.

COME ON PEOPLE!! THE NEW META DOCTOR SCRIPTS EVEN INSTALL FLASH FOR YOU!!!!!

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Oh, my, this thread is completely misleading, please, someone edit it and/or close it

Rod, there's nothing wrong with the Wiki Page. These scripts WILL NOT WORK on windows anymore. They won't work. Nobody is going to step in and debug the windows issues in Cygwin, people is completely lazy, they just expect things to work.

People, if you like, I can charge you $15+shipping and I'll gladly install 2.1 on your devices. Including the Pixis :P

Of course, people are cheap as well, so, they would rather wait till this is "fixed" than go and make a small effort and try to use a linux variant to make their own meta doctor.

COME ON PEOPLE!! THE NEW META DOCTOR SCRIPTS EVEN INSTALL FLASH FOR YOU!!!!!

Sooooo... Your not gonna fix it??? Please clarify... lmao... Just pullin your tail lol lol lol ltm ... Cwazy wabbit lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What's wrong with the official wiki page? And the video tutorials listed on that page?

-- Rod
    I had put the linux program on my computer fine. Went in there, but for some reason wasn't able to get the scripts to put stuff on. Not sure if I had network connection. Guess I just need to work at it more.

Like post after me said....I wish there was a windows option through some command line or something. See, i'm not that savvy to even know what I'm talking about.

Luckily I still have my 2.1 doctor from my cygwin build. Just been using that but curious if there are better scripts that I'm missing out on.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    .I wish there was a windows option through some command line or something. See, i'm not that savvy to even know what I'm talking about..
    Yep, we also wished that, and our wish seemed granted, but then Cygwin started to act funny. It's not your fault, it's cygwin/windows problem
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I had put the linux program on my computer fine. Went in there, but for some reason wasn't able to get the scripts to put stuff on. Not sure if I had network connection. Guess I just need to work at it more.
    Are you following the video tutorials that malpha/screwdestiny posted (they are linked on the wiki page) - those are very detailed and comprehensive step by step video tutorials.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112