1.    #1  
    I recently tried to remove the thing because it didn't really work, so I took my phone off the account, now when people call me, it says to enter a 10 digit phone number, then says it's not available. How do I get this back to normal?
    dial *38 to disable the forwarding.
    you may have to initialize your carrier voicemail again after inactivty if turnibg off forwardiing doesn't solve it..

curious why you ditched youmail.com? You are the first person I've ever heard that didn't like youmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by richyrocket3051 View Post
    I recently tried to remove the thing because it didn't really work, so I took my phone off the account, now when people call me, it says to enter a 10 digit phone number, then says it's not available. How do I get this back to normal?
    i have the same issue.. it says to enter my 10 digits phone#... but i love youmail... i want my normal smartgreeting voicemail.
  5.    #5  
    I found out the code on the internet... And I liked the idea of youmail... It just seemed so unstable and it played through the speaker and I never use my voicemail much anyways but it's all fixed up now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you may have to initialize your carrier voicemail again after inactivty if turnibg off forwardiing doesn't solve it..

curious why you ditched youmail.com? You are the first person I've ever heard that didn't like youmail.com
    I wasn't a fan of it either, it never seemed to work for me, thankfully I bought it during the half off sale...ended up settling on Voogle

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Most of the issues with youview were the result of the way palm did things, like the lack of access to the earpiece, that youview could not do anything about.

The recent "dial your 10 didget number" was a problem for ALL youmail users on sprint. Same thing happened with my evo. You had to disable call forwarding an then re-enable it with a new phone number to get in to work again. Apparantly sprint did something that messed the system up.

I really liked youview. The dissapointing thing is that it was necessary in the first place, since youmail has free apps for other platforms direct from from them with no need to have a third party try and create something. I actually had a email correspondence where youview person told me they were not developing an app for webos because of both not enough of the user base and the fact that it would not be a user experiance up to youmail's standards because of limitations of the device. Hopefully they will change their mind with the Veer and pre3 - if, that is, HP really has the hardware and api support needed.

Sent from my Evo - so there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I guess I'll be the second. On Sprint, there was too long of a delay from when the phone stopped ringing (from the caller's perspective) and the greeting started...at least 5 seconds.

I was concerned that people would simply hang up because they didn't hear a greeting in time. I had actually paid for YouMail before checking it out more thoroughly. I contacted support, tried a bunch of different access numbers but none of them made any difference.

I ended up using Google voice, which has no delay at all, the greeting is pretty much instant after the phone stops ringing.