Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    PRL updated to 60676.
    Thanks. Just letting the community know I am temporarily out of the PRL updating business as my pre 2 cant update the prl.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Thanks!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Is there a way for Sprint tech support to push a PRL update to your phone?
    If you can't update it, it will eventually do it automatically.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Is there a way to pull the PRL from my 1.4.5 Sprint Palm Pre- so I can get it onto my 2.1.0 Sprint Pre-?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Is there a way to pull the PRL from my 1.4.5 Sprint Palm Pre- so I can get it onto my 2.1.0 Sprint Pre-?
    surely hoping for a way to, because its all im waiting for to make the jump to 2.1. its not a huge deal, but if i have to have the device for awhile longer, i'd prefer that works too.
    I've been hesitant on jumping to 2.1 because of the Sprint PRL issue... is the PRL info stored in the radio in some manner that doctoring will leave you on your last good PRL update or does the doctor downgrade you to whatever PRL was available when the doctor was last built by Palm?
    I can't locate it right now but I think in the thread about metadoctor'ing to 2.1 there was a person who said that they pulled that off. You may want to search that thread for more info.
    This may seem a bit off topic but bear with me...

I do not have a Sprint phone I have a Verizon. I have noticed that the PRL numbers do not seem to be sequential or even all that consistent. I have seen multiple Verizon people report their PRL numbers (updates are done entirely different) and the numbers did not match at all across regions within the US.

Do these numbers have consistency? Is the Sprint PRL completely consistent - meaning the updated version is the same number across the entire footprint.

Does anyone understand what the Verizon one's mean? I have no confidence that they are all the same across the entire footprint even if they are all updated at the same moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I can't locate it right now but I think in the thread about metadoctor'ing to 2.1 there was a person who said that they pulled that off. You may want to search that thread for more info.
    Found it!

http://forums.precentral.net/2898522-post2500.html

There was discussion about this later in the thread. Nothing I saw (I may have missed it) seemed to say this was either illegal or not working. You might want to PM the person posting this "solution" and verify what the status of that "fix" is before trying it.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Are PRL files shareable? Are those illegal to post? Because I don't have 1.4.5 any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Are PRL files shareable? Are those illegal to post? Because I don't have 1.4.5 any more
    Sticky question I don't have the answer to. But you could always doctor back and get them and then doctor again... <rolling eyes>
    Not very much fun.
    I think I might update my Sprint Pre + to 2.1, leaving my wife's Sprint Pre - @ 1.4.5. That way I can get the updates from her phone! She doesn't have the 2.1 fever and I'm skeptical how well it will run on her 256MB phone.
    This may be a stupid question...but my wife has a pixi, and also has no desire to upgrade..

Could I use the PRL from her phone?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    This may be a stupid question...but my wife has a pixi, and also has no desire to upgrade..

Could I use the PRL from her phone?

I would not know but you could look and verify that the file structure is the same - if it is you could try it after backing up what is there from the MetaDoctor.
    Hate to ask...but would you happen to know if there are instructions anywhere as to how to do that? Where to look..etc?
    +1 i would be able to take my wifes prl from 1.4.5 and use it in my 2.1
    thanks
    That website just has all the old prl's, there's a lot of others that have newer ones.

And there's a post on how to update the prl for your pre just a few above...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    That website just has all the old prl's, there's a lot of others that have newer ones.

And there's a post on how to update the prl for your pre just a few above...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This?

http://forums.precentral.net/2898522-post2500.html

I guess I don't understand...that post looks like results..but not instructions...I mean...they don't look like commands..?
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast