Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    How did you get USB Passthrough to work on 2.1, its not available in Preware...

And there is a terminal app for 2.1, but you have to compile it yourself with the 2.0 sdk. Its called Secure Shell, the git is available from webos internals.
    I used Webos Quick Install to load the patch I downloaded from the thread I linked to. The patch is likely the easiest way to get into and out of usb diag mode for most people.

I did not know about the terminal app. I will have to try it, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjime223 View Post
    I used Webos Quick Install to load the patch I downloaded from the thread I linked to. The patch is likely the easiest way to get into and out of usb diag mode for most people.

I did not know about the terminal app. I will have to try it, thanks.
    If you compile it, i wouldn't mind trying it out . I will download the patch manually.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 03/09/2011 at 09:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    If you compile it, i wouldn't mind trying it out . I will download the patch manually.
    I will see if I can work on that tonight but now I really need to get some work done instead of playing around with my phone and on here.
    I'm still hopeful somehow we could use the beta 2.0.1 doctor for sprint alongside the metadoctor since I believe people used that beta on the actual network, but don't know if it had the prl/network update available. I tried applying ipkgs from the beta but none enabled the prl/network. I even tried the force cmd. Also copied my 1.4.5 modem files to the 2.1 and prl didn't update.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I'm still hopeful somehow we could use the beta 2.0.1 doctor for sprint alongside the metadoctor since I believe people used that beta on the actual network, but don't know if it had the prl/network update available. I tried applying ipkgs from the beta but none enabled the prl/network. I even tried the force cmd. Also copied my 1.4.5 modem files to the 2.1 and prl didn't update.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The PRL section is enabled by the system_configuration.json file during the webos doctor. You can update this file on your pre AFTER a webos doctor but it required deleteing a file to make it refresh. I forget the file at this time. I believe its just a simple .txt or a placeholder file. Unless its removed it doesn't re-read the system_configuration.json. Google is your friend.

Unless you take a: take the carrier file from the sprint.tar or b: modify it manully it won't show up.

Secondly, using the provisioner from 2.0.1 will not work. Becuase if you doctor to 2.0.1 you will notice prl doesn't work even as it is. It says PRL Updating is Unavailable, Try again Later. Vs if you take the provisioner from 2.0.1 and put it on 2.1 it actually says an error. The error is related to permissions. But then you could go even as far to fix the permissions error and it still complains.

PRL Update on 1.4.5 before Doctor to 2.1, or update the prl manually using the steps that may eventually be outlined.

Simple as it is.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 03/09/2011 at 11:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    FWIW, I upgraded to 2.1 tonight, and after that completed successfully, was able to "push" the contents of /var/lib/software from 1.4.5 back into place. I'm on the current PRL again, though we'll have to see about getting updates going forward - don't have another webOS phone handy...
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    FWIW, I upgraded to 2.1 tonight, and after that completed successfully, was able to "push" the contents of /var/lib/software from 1.4.5 back into place. I'm on the current PRL again, though we'll have to see about getting updates going forward - don't have another webOS phone handy...

I'm glad this is working. I've been trying to get back to post one more thing that someone I was having a PM conversation with about his helped find out.

If the file "prefroamlist" isn't there, WHILE STILL ON 1.4.5, hit the "Update PRL" button, let it do its thing, DON'T reboot, and go check that location ( /var/lib/software/ModemFiles ) again. It should be there.

M.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    If the file "prefroamlist" isn't there, WHILE STILL ON 1.4.5, hit the "Update PRL" button, let it do its thing, DON'T reboot, and go check that location ( /var/lib/software/ModemFiles ) again. It should be there.
    Actually, I had that happen to me - went to tar up /var/lib/software as part of backups before I went through with the doctoring, noticed there was no prefroamlist. Did a Scooby-Doo "baroo?", tried updating the prl and network settings, and they were back. tar -zxvf /media/internal/prl.tar.gz, and I was ready to back up my usb drive.

So yes, something I"d figured out on my own, but good advice for others. I hadn't thought to note it last night.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Are we preaching the word of Rod here?
    Regardless of Rod's highly esteemed opinion, forum policy states it's not permitted to link to warez or illegally distributed software.
    <snip>

Good luck maneuvering between these two lines, when it comes to performing a PRL hack, or enabling standalone GPS on your Pre.
    I believe Rod's point was that 99% of the people using QPST did not obtain it through legitimate (note I didn't say legal) means.

I suspect my method of getting PRL updates in the future will be prevailing upon a friend with a Pre to get me a tarball of /var/lib/software in the future - it's probably a grey area, but I'm ok with that. That presumes I can continue to put a "fresh" /var/lib/software in place and have the phone recognize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Howdy all,
    Just upgraded my sprint pre yesterday, but before i did it, I updated my prl's etc. I then metadoctored, and today, in 2.1, according to DeviceInfo->MoreInfo->PRL, it is 60676.

Thought that this might help someone in tracking down what's happening.

baldric
    Not sure if the PRL update was or could be automatic under 1.4.5, but I never manually did a PRL update and my Sprint Pre- running 2.1 shows my PRL as 60676.

I do notice that my Pre doesn't show it being in EV as often as it did in 1.4.5. My cell signal is about the same. Not sure if this has to do with the PRL or not...

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    For some reason, the Update PRL button is missing on my Sprint Pre. Has anyone else run into this?

I imagine it's an issue with one of my patches, but I can't figure out which one.
    Quote Originally Posted by veelo2 View Post
    For some reason, the Update PRL button is missing on my Sprint Pre. Has anyone else run into this?

I imagine it's an issue with one of my patches, but I can't figure out which one.
    What OS version?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    What OS version?

I want to update my PRL before attempting the switch to 2.1.

I want to update my PRL before attempting the switch to 2.1.
    What carrier? Lol....
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    What carrier? Lol....
    Sprint.

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"showUpdatePRL":true}'

And:

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"showUpdateNetworkSettings":true}'

Brings back the "Update Network Settings" button.

Neither work right now, though.

M.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    However, there are a number of things ordinary users can only accomplish with QPST. The mere suggestion they should not do it, because the software is not made available to them, is preposterous. It's not Uranium 235...
    That's one I'm not touching with a 10-foot pole, though I more or less agree with you on that.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"showUpdatePRL":true}'

And:

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"showUpdateNetworkSettings":true}'

Brings back the "Update Network Settings" button.

Neither work right now, though.
    ...in 2.1.0. For the guy asking, they *do* work in 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Worked for me. Thanks everyone for helping!
    update the prl manually using the steps that may eventually be outlined.
    Simple as it is.
    Do we have these manual steps? I have the latest PRL but would like a process for the future as I am assuming the PRL gets updated every few months.
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast