Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    [QUOTE=katnou;3226461]
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Giggles condensed it into this thread for you:

hey thanks I really appreciate your help. Mu usb port isn't working anymore but with my touchstone I still havea working pre. Haven't wanted to geta replacement because of videos on this phone and I'm not too tech knowledgeable. I guess I'll just have to keep prl 01123. But it's nice to know there are people willing to help.
    You can transfer files over the air using email or an app called WiFiMediaSync from the App Catalog is available for $4.99 to help you save those videos to you're PC. Also Xecutah is an on device terminal program that allows you to enter linux commands so you don't have to plug it in. If you have Preware installed (sounds like you probably don't) you can use Xecutah along with Internalz and email or WiFiMediaSync to transfer files, enter commands and change your PRL without ever plugging in a USB cable. Another alternative would be to buy another off ebay or craigslist (they're super cheap right now) and sign in to your profile and just use the "update PRL" button under Network Settings in the phone app. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    does anyone know what the latest prl is and where i can get it =] legaly
    Will this PRL meant for Sprint mobile broadband cards work on the Pre?

Get eUpgrades support
    I went ahead and updated my PRL with this file. I still have reception after restarting my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    does anyone know what the latest prl is and where i can get it =] legaly
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33209217/Sprint_60681.prl
    Quote Originally Posted by kuffcakes View Post
    Will this PRL meant for Sprint mobile broadband cards work on the Pre?

Get eUpgrades support
    Try it. You can always flash back to the dropbox file above. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $60681$ $is$ $still$ $the$ $most$ $recent$ $one$ $that$ $works$ $for$ $most$ $folks$. $Mixed$ $results$ $with$ $11115$ $http$://$dl$.$dropbox$.$com$/$u$/$33209217$/$Sprint_11115$.$prl$
    I've been using 60751 from my link above since 12/26 with no significant change to my signal quality. It definitely doesn't affect the signal negatively.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Until I read this thread, I never updated my Pre- PRL. I just did and now see 60683.

I've been girding my loins to convert an unlocked ATT Pre 2 into a Sprint FrankenPre2. The hardware part seems easy enough but the software & MetaDoctor stuff is giving me the whim-whams.
    not only that, a lot of Sprint apps don't work in WebOS 2 such as the activation, PRL update, Sprint Navigator etc, though I think some people have gotten certain Sprint apps to work. PRL and activation remains a problem though.
    FrankenPre+ on Sprint SERO 500 Premium
    Since webOS 2.2.4 everything is going good on my Frankenpre 2. I got Sprint Nav working. Question is ...I currently have PRL 60681, is there a easy way to update the PRL or change the PRL to something that might give me better roaming. Being that this is a frankenpre I cant just update so...just didnt know if the whole having to put the comm board back into the Sprint Pre- was still the only way...

Thanks!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Since webOS 2.2.4 everything is going good on my Frankenpre 2. I got Sprint Nav working. Question is ...I currently have PRL 60681, is there a easy way to update the PRL or change the PRL to something that might give me better roaming. Being that this is a frankenpre I cant just update so...just didnt know if the whole having to put the comm board back into the Sprint Pre- was still the only way...

Thanks!
    Giggles condensed it into this thread for you: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...print-prl.html
    It seems that 60681 is the latest/best for MOST people so no need to rush out and start messing with PRLs if you aren't experiencing problems while roaming. That said, different regions do get better results after changing your PRL. Do some Google searching using your zip code or ask a friend on Sprint to check what their PRL is and try a test or two using the above linked thread instructions. Make backups and be prepared to use your original PRL if necessary. I believe I have several different PRL files still available linked to that thread made by Giggles (thanks again Giggles) . Please let me know if you try to download a dropbox PRL and can't as I can refresh the links; it's been a while since I've checked to see if they are still valid. Any help I can provide I'm here for you. Good luck!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/06/2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: fixed link
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Currently at 60687 in Colorado.

Just trying to do my part.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Anyone have a line on the 60687 PRL file Gbobman mentioned?
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    Anyone have a line on the 60687 PRL file Gbobman mentioned?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33209217/Sprint_60687.prl
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    I noticed after installing this on my Pre2 2.2.4 it show the PRL as 21087. Is this correct?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Craftsmen is correct. That file has an internal ID of 21087.

I'm not going to install it.
    Sorry guys, I don't use Sprint anymore so I have no way to confirm these latest PRL files. A few minutes of google searching should provide the links you seek.
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Sorry guys, I don't use Sprint anymore so I have no way to confirm these latest PRL files. A few minutes of google searching should provide the links you seek.
    Well I will hold off on putting it on the other phones. So far it is working fine here in Colorado.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    AK! Got so excited and then disappointed!

My coverage has been crap as of late and I forgot to DL the PRL when I FrankenPre'd my wife's new phone. I even had screen shots of the PRL, downloaded the token files just in case and everything. Sigh.

May have to crack a Pre- open again to get it...

And thanks for the effort folks. I will try to do my part if I get around to that PRL myself.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Someone posted a link to XDA forums with the latest prl files attached to that forum (I can't find it now sorry but it should be here somewhere).

On XDA they said the latest sprint corporate prl which they said is 61085 is the same as the latest sprint prl.