Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'm running the 11115, for some reason my tether connection doesn't seem as fast at home. I know that prl shouldn't make a difference in speed like that, but I do notice a significant difference. I'm going to try prl and test it out.

Edit: Just updated to 11114, and my internet speed at the house is way better.
    Speed tests while downloading with
    11115=Fluctuates from 12KB/sec-35KB/sec
    11114=Fluctuates from 44KB/sec-112KB/sec

I'm in a fringe area so my speeds aren't the best, but with 11114 it is definitely an improvement
    Last edited by Ski21; 09/18/2011 at 07:46 PM.
    11115 definitely roams 3g, which is GREAT. I went to a friends house tonight where I normally have very poor 1-2 bar sprint service with frequent drops to 1x. I turned on roam only and had 3g with 5 bars !
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    11115 definitely roams 3g, which is GREAT. I went to a friends house tonight where I normally have very poor 1-2 bar sprint service with frequent drops to 1x. I turned on roam only and had 3g with 5 bars !
    Is it roaming on verizon or another carrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Is it roaming on verizon or another carrier?
    It must be verizon, no other CDMA carriers in my area. I'm not sure how to tell for sure though.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    How I usually check is to dial a number without the area code. It usually give some kind of error, and if I'm verizon it says something like "welcome to verizon wireless blah,blah,blah
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    matteebee, your method will work on the pre 2. Everything should be the same right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    matteebee, your method will work on the pre 2. Everything should be the same right?
    Yup
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Hmm 60681 or 11115 that is the question! Nightburn what do you recommend since your in the portland OR area and Im in Vancouver, WA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    Hmm 60681 or 11115 that is the question! Nightburn what do you recommend since your in the portland OR area and Im in Vancouver, WA.
    I tried both in Seattle recently with mixed results. 11115 roam only produced the "EV" icon, but I was unable to open any pages (Data not connected error). 60681 roam only produced the "1X" icon and I was able to open pages but very slow. My conclusion is 11115 locks on to a tower when roaming and connects to 3G but has some type of permission issue. 60681 only connects to 1X when roaming but data is available. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this and since 60681 is so effective for me in Seattle and I rarely roam, this seems to be a waste of effort for me personally. Also my wife's droid has an PRL update function and her's is still at 60681 as of today, so I assume this would be the best one for up here. Hope this helps and good luck!
    Ziplock likes this.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    21081 Seems to have garbage 1x romaing. but 3g is speedy quick and abundant here in Florida.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Can anyone comment on any prl preferences in west virginia.
    I'm in west virginia and I have 60681 and get decent service everywhere except walmart but I get service in barbour county were att does not

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knottsboy View Post
    I'm in west virginia and I have 60681 and get decent service everywhere except walmart but I get service in barbour county were att does not

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Cool. I live in barbour county so that works then. Ill have to update mine. Thanks for the info.
    How can you check if you've successfully updated your PRL through the 399 post method?

Edit:

Nevermind, it's in the device info, not the phone preferences. It worked fine.

West Lafayette, IN works well with 60681
    Sprint Love
    On a trip to Chicago in Dec 2010 my pre updated to PRL 01123. I have tried to get it to go back to what I had before but it says it's updating and nothing happens. I'm no where near Chicago. I get 1x all the time and R (roaming) while my husand has 3G on his phone. How can I get a faster prl back on m pre? Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by katnou View Post
    On a trip to Chicago in Dec 2010 my pre updated to PRL 01123. I have tried to get it to go back to what I had before but it says it's updating and nothing happens. I'm no where near Chicago. I get 1x all the time and R (roaming) while my husand has 3G on his phone. How can I get a faster prl back on m pre? ĤThanks for any help.
    Do you have a Sprint Pre? Just update your PRL. Go to your Phone app, tap the top left corner and then tap Network Services. On the drop down tap Update PRL. PM me if you get stuck. It's not that hard to use the manual method in post #399 if auto-update isn't working.
    thanks for help. It's a sprint pre and I've updated the prl and network setting many times and it says it's updating but my prl stays the same 01123. Right now driving in kansas and my husbands phone has 5 bars 3G and I have EV R 5 bars. Talked to sprint @ this and they say I have the most current prl for the pre. I guess they don't care that I'm roaming. Don't know how to PM on my phone. Thanks
    how do find post #399
    Quote Originally Posted by katnou View Post
    how do find post #399
    Giggles condensed it into this thread for you: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-2/299689-sprint-prl.html
    [QUOTE=matteebee13;3225785]Giggles condensed it into this thread for you:

hey thanks I really appreciate your help. Mu usb port isn't working anymore but with my touchstone I still havea working pre. Haven't wanted to geta replacement because of videos on this phone and I'm not too tech knowledgeable. I guess I'll just have to keep prl 01123. But it's nice to know there are people willing to help.