Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Are you roaming on 3g or just 1x though. I thought the 11115 prl was the only one that allowed roaming on 3g?
    I almost always have 3G so it's hard to say. The next time I see 1x I will check to see whether or not I'm roaming and post back here.
    - So if I read you right, matteebee13, your steps you posted on #399, do not require a backlevel to 1.4.5 and all is well so far and 60681 still appears on your phone?
    - You made another post about Data Roam, any issues so far?
    - You mention something about needing PrmModemUpater, did that come down with the doctor setup? If not where from.

I may need to work thru your steps after discovering I had a bad Sprint Com board. AFter a redoctor, I too forgot to update PRL prior to surgery and am stuck at 60668.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I tried to do the modem update the webos command line. When I try to do the cd /media/internal this is what I get
    cd/media/internal
    /bin/sh: cd/media/internal: not found

Not sure what's wrong. I had to create the media/internal file on my phone, because when I hooked it up through usb it wasn't there.
    I tried to do the modem update the webos command line. When I try to do the cd /media/internal this is what I get
    cd/media/internal
    /bin/sh: cd/media/internal: not found

Not sure what's wrong. I had to create the media/internal file on my phone, because when I hooked it up through usb it wasn't there.
    Which steps are you referring to? Do you have Internalz installed? When you hook up via USB the files you see are in /media/internal. Just place the PRL file of your choosing there and try the commands from post #399.
    Edit: Reread your post... Looks like you are missing a space between "cd" and "/media/internal". If you are using WOSQI, simply copy and paste the command lines in the linux command line box and hit return after each line. The PRL files should still be available via my last few posts (dropbox). Unzip the file of your choosing and rename it accordingly, then put it in /media/internal (open "computer" on your pc and drag and drop it into the pre icon and that will put it where it needs to be). Then run the commands. Read post #399 and beyond and you should be able to figure it out...
    Last edited by matteebee13; 09/17/2011 at 05:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Does it matter that my pre didn't have the media folder on it. When I plug in the usb and go into usb mode. There was no media folder there. So I created a new folder and named it media, then within this folder I created an internal folder, then moved the prl to here. I'll try it, with a space, and see what I get. Is there a way I can save my prl that's on it now.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'm currently on prl 60674, and it seems to be giving me good service. Is there a chance upgrading the prl would give me worse service?
    Last edited by Ski21; 09/17/2011 at 07:23 PM.
    Does it matter that my pre didn't have the media folder on it. When I plug in the usb and go into usb mode. There was no media folder there. So I created a new folder and named it media, then within this folder I created an internal folder, then moved the prl to here. I'll try it, with a space, and see what I get. Is there a way I can save my prl that's on it now.
    What you've done is created a new directory INSIDE /media/internal called "/media/internal"! The folder you see via usb IS /media/internal. Put the PRL file there (make sure it's named accordingly Post #399). Easiest way is to drag the PRL file over the Pre icon drop it in there.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    BatonRougeBroadband.Info - Home

According to there^ 11115 is the best as it allows for 3g roaming.

Anyways, successfully updated to 21081 using the instructions in post 399. Using woqi command line. Device info shows prl correctly and noticeable service improvement on fraken pre 2. thanks
    Last edited by giggles; 09/18/2011 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    BatonRougeBroadband.Info - Home

According to there^ 11115 is the best as it allows for 3g roaming.

Anyways, successfully updated to 21081 using the instructions in post 399. Using woqi command line. Device info shows prl correctly and noticeable service improvement on fraken pre 2. thanks
    So where is 11115 available then? I hate dropping down to 1x.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Is there a way to save my current prl. It seems to be working good, but I'm wanting to try 11115 to see if it will allow 3g roaming on us cellular, but want to be able to come back to my current prl?
    I found 11115 in the android central forums.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Can you upload it or provide a link? Ill test it out later this week. in a reliable area
    Here is 11115

11115.zip
    Post #399 has links to a bunch of PRLs. The missing ones are a few posts below by me via dropbox.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    matteebee can you tar up the 11115prl. I tried your directions but this is what i got:

C:\Users\Ski\Desktop>"C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe" -d 2ecfdb7a2c15bc7
    90f6e4c24ac0b08ce88980bb7 -t open tty://
    root@palm-webos-device:/# ←[Jcd media/internal
    cd media/internal
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal#
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal# tar -cf prl_update.tar Sprint_11115.prl
    tar -cf prl_update.tar Sprint_11115.prl
    tar: Sprint_11115.prl: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal#

I put the 11115.prl in the media/internal directory.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I figured it out. I was going to the wrong directory
    I'm not an expert at this by any means, and I would need more info. Did you download the zip file from Nightburn, rename it and put it in to /media/internal? If that's the case, you need to unzip it on your PC using a program like 7zip to extract it, THEN rename it and put it in the /media/internal directory. Weren't you having issues finding that directory yest? If memory serves me, you created a /media/internal directory INSIDE /media/internal. Is that where you put the raw 11115.prl file? It should work if you follow the directions in #399 EXACTLY, starting with extracting the zip file from Nightburn on your PC then putting that renamed file into the proper directory. I'm going to unzip it and rename it when I get home in a few hours and pm you with it It will then be up to you to make sure it's in the proper location when you tar it up to prl_update.tar...
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I'm not an expert at this by any means, and I would need more info. Did you download the zip file from Nightburn, rename it and put it in to /media/internal? If that's the case, you need to unzip it on your PC using a program like 7zip to extract it, THEN rename it and put it in the /media/internal directory. Weren't you having issues finding that directory yest? If memory serves me, you created a /media/internal directory INSIDE /media/internal. Is that where you put the raw 11115.prl file? It should work if you follow the directions in #399 EXACTLY, starting with extracting the zip file from Nightburn on your PC then putting that renamed file into the proper directory. I'm going to unzip it and rename it when I get home in a few hours and pm you with it It will then be up to you to make sure it's in the proper location when you tar it up to prl_update.tar...
    Everything matteebee13 just said is true, you definitely need to unzip 11115.zip.

I'm about to go out to dinner and while I'm out I plan to pay attention to how my phone roams. I'll report back here if I notice anything noteworthy with 11115.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. You're right matt, I just deleted that directory I created, and then installed it in the right directory. I followed your instructions post 399 and it worked. As for the 11115 I live in WV where it would roam on us cellular, it didn't switch to 3g just stayed on 1x while roaming. I was hoping that it would work. I'm going to try 11114 to see if it will roam on us cellular. Now that I know what I'm doing, I don't mind flashing prl's.
    Thanks guys. You're right matt, I just deleted that directory I created, and then installed it in the right directory. I followed your instructions post 399 and it worked. As for the 11115 I live in WV where it would roam on us cellular, it didn't switch to 3g just stayed on 1x while roaming. I was hoping that it would work. I'm going to try 11114 to see if it will roam on us cellular. Now that I know what I'm doing, I don't mind flashing prl's.
    Sweet, glad to here it. Once you know what you're doing it's pretty easy. There should be a few resources via Google to point you to the most effective PRL for your area. Another thing to try is just ask around to somebody in your area who has Sprint what PRL they have and when the last time they updated was. I occasionally grab my wife's droid (huh huh!) and update her PRL. It has stayed at 60681 now for several weeks so that's my point of reference.