Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    Tapping the update button just results in "No PRL update available" message after some seconds. My PRL seems to be stuck at 60664. Not sure how to resolve. Advise please.
    The latest PRL (60681) is not yet available via the link I priovided a few posts back, but the instructions should still work for the 60680 PRL which is the next closest one and I expect oostah will be uploading the latest one soon
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
    Let me know if it worked. I haven't tried this method (post #399) using the shortened version of the post #130 instructions I modified (omitting the 1.4.5 stuff). I had done that stuff earlier and don't know if it's still necessary.
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Yes, your short method works fine provided that all the prerequisite files (like PmModemUpdater) are already in place on the device. I am now up to the 60680 PRL. Thanks again!
    Yes, your short method works fine provided that all the prerequisite files (like PmModemUpdater) are already in place on the device. I am now up to the 60680 PRL. Thanks again!
    The real credit should go to Xanadu73 who took the time to walk me through the easy safe and legal method, but post #399 should help some folks out too I hope. I always try to pay it forward
    Here is the new PRL (60681) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33209217/Sprint_60681.prl
    Go ahead and use the instructions in Post #399 (make sure to rename the file accordingly)
    Happy updating!
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Here's a new one for you (21081) some have updated to as of 8/17. I'm in Seattle and use my wife's, gulp, Droid as a reference to see if I need to update. Hers stayed at 60681 so I'm sticking with 60681 for now, but this might help some of you
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33209217/Sprint_21081.prl
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    So i come to realize when I first made the move from my pre to 2.1 the first time, I had used the same profile and went from 1.4.5, saved my prl with the tar file, then doctored to 2.1 w/ meta and my prl buttons worked after I made them shown (with the leaked provisioner). I had to redoctor recently and doctored back to 1.4.5 but logged in with a spare profile to get the tar file, then doctored to 2.1 and used the SAME method, but now my PRL buttons dont work. Perhaps its something with the tar file using a different profile? Any insight there?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    so I like many on this thread, i messed up and forgot to download the files from my 1.4.5 =( I actually had it on the list of things to do and ended up having to put the Franken pre2 project aside overnight and subsequently forgot to back up the prl files...

funny thing though, I don't know if its because of the magic of the great folks at webos-internals or what, but my prl is showing as 60681...

should I go through the whole process of redoctoring and all or see if pro doesn't just update on its own in the future? The buttons haven't shown up either and I'm inclined to just continue on with the device as is (btw, Franken pre 2 is absolutely awesome, glad I ended up going that route instead of androiding away)
    I would like to know the same thing as the post above! The PRL on my shiny new FrankenPre 2 is reading the same!

Thanks!
    Karla
    "Give me WebOS, or give me death!"
    Palm Pre > Sprint FrankenPre 2 > Verizon Pre 3 (coming soon!)
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Even with the funny provisioner i cannot get the prl update or network settings update buttons to work at all they tell me to contact sprint if the problem persists...any advice? om on a frankenpre2 btw
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    Even with the funny provisioner i cannot get the prl update or network settings update buttons to work at all they tell me to contact sprint if the problem persists...any advice? om on a frankenpre2 btw
    You really don't need it. Check out my latest few posts, starting with #399
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Thanks for the information!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Can you use a pre from a sprint epic 4g on the palm pre? I have one that lets you 3g roam on verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Can you use a pre from a sprint epic 4g on the palm pre? I have one that lets you 3g roam on verizon.
    Don't quite understand your question?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Sorry about that, what I meant was I have a prl from my epic 4g I think it's the 11115 or something like that. Can I put that on the pre, because it allows 3g roaming from verizon, us cellular. Also whats the easiest way to manual update prl. Is there a link that explain what to do. Thanks, and sorry about not stating the full question.
    Use my instructions from post #399 and the dropbox link for PRL 60681 above and you should do fine. Don't know about porting a PRL from a different carrier... Probably not too reliable. This thread is for updating PRLs on Sprint only using Sprint PRLs
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Use my instructions from post #399 and the dropbox link for PRL 60681 above and you should do fine. Don't know about porting a PRL from a different carrier... Probably not too reliable. This thread is for updating PRLs on Sprint only using Sprint PRLs
    Sorry for confusion again. The epic 4g is a sprint phone and sprint prl. It allows for 3g roaming on other networks, where as the other prl's don't allow for 3g roaming.
    My Sprint Pre2 roams on 60681 on other networks as far as I know. Enable "Data Roaming" under Network Services app. Do you know how to check and is that really necessary? Never had a prob Seattle area...
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    My Sprint Pre2 roams on 60681 on other networks as far as I know. Enable "Data Roaming" under Network Services app. Do you know how to check and is that really necessary? Never had a prob Seattle area...
    Are you roaming on 3g or just 1x though. I thought the 11115 prl was the only one that allowed roaming on 3g?