Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 481
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    But that doesn't answer the question of why you think the PRL won't ever update again after using 01119.


    M.

    (Hint: Me and a couple others here are the ones that figured out how to get this all working in 2.1 in the first place. My first post saying I think I got it working was March 5th: http://forums.precentral.net/2898522-post2500.html About half-way through page 2 of THIS very thread started the fun of open collaboration getting this reliably working 2.1 - March 8th: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-update-2.html )
    Sorry, that's not what I mean. I have went through this thread and followed it as well. I have not been able to test the PRL update with anything but the 1115. The phone was already at 1115 after Doctoring back to 1.4.5 updating the PRL and back to 2.1.0. I have went through all the steps here to add all the files back under the Sprint Meta doctor, Provisioner etc..

    So it's not that I'm worried about not being able to update the PRL after 1119. I'm just hoping to be able to update the PRL at all as I have not been able to update it all via the button.

    When you posted the 1119 link I had been attempting to get the phone to update to 1119 with no luck via the button. Your post clarified that Sprint has not put it out yet.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  2. #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Sorry, that's not what I mean. { ... } When you posted the 1119 link I had been attempting to get the phone to update to 1119 with no luck via the button. Your post clarified that Sprint has not put it out yet.

    I got you now. I then apologize for the kind of "flipitty" response. There's no future issues. I have several PRL files on my phone (most past - but as you see future as well) from the two different branches of PRLs that I cycle through when I get in a funky area to see if it helps any. It usually does. Sometimes, though, it's just Sprint's stellar (cough, crappy, cough) care of their repeaters on the towers...


    M.
  3. #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I got you now. I then apologize for the kind of "flipitty" response. There's no future issues. I have several PRL files on my phone (most past - but as you see future as well) from the two different branches of PRLs that I cycle through when I get in a funky area to see if it helps any. It usually does. Sometimes, though, it's just Sprint's stellar (cough, crappy, cough) care of their repeaters on the towers...


    M.
    I'm pretty lucky here as Sprint's service is pretty good at my home.

    I did not take it as "flipitty" and appreciate your reply's.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  4. delacro's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #384  
    I just updated my PRE. It went from 1115 to 60679

    I will check my wife pre tonight and see what she comes out with. She is on webOS version 1.4.5
  5. #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    I just updated my PRE. It went from 1115 to 60679

    I will check my wife pre tonight and see what she comes out with. She is on webOS version 1.4.5
    Yep, mine too. I'll check my daughters later.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  6. #386  
    mine did the same thing...
  7. #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Yep, mine too. I'll check my daughters later.
    Yep, daughters did as well.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  8. delacro's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #388  
    I'm at 60680 now. Wow that was quick
  9. Ziplock's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #389  
    Just updated to 60680 here also ... on the frankenpre+
  10. Ziplock's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #390  
    Anyone have a guide to getting an updated PRL on a freshly doctored frankenpre2 ?
  11. #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    Anyone have a guide to getting an updated PRL on a freshly doctored frankenpre2 ?
    Yeah, you're reading it. Start at the beginning of this thread.
  12. #392  
    How can I do this on a FrankenPre2? There's no way of getting to 1.4.5, unless there's some way to metadoctor 145 onto a FP2.

    I really want to be able to update my PRL and network settings, haha! But I can't get the modem folder as there's nothing in it.

    I don't have the parts for my original pre anymore either, so I can't disassemble my FP2 and put my old sprint pre back together.
  13. #393  
    I'm pretty sure there is a method to flash your modem with the current PRL. I'd look online once you find out what it is and download the PRL file. Use Xanadu73's method:
    Everyone can do it this way, provided it's setup right. You need to rename the PRL file to "Sprint_60677.prl" (or whatever your current PRL is) then you need to tar it. "tar -f prlupdate.tar Sprint_60677.prl".
    Then feed that tar file to PmModemUpdater. It wants a tar file and not the raw PRL file.
    I believe we had some correspondence earlier in this thread relating to this method. (It may have been he & I PM'ing each other though; can't quite recall)
  14. #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a method to flash your modem with the current PRL. I'd look online once you find out what it is and download the PRL file. Use Xanadu73's method:
    Everyone can do it this way, provided it's setup right. You need to rename the PRL file to "Sprint_60677.prl" (or whatever your current PRL is) then you need to tar it. "tar -f prlupdate.tar Sprint_60677.prl".
    Then feed that tar file to PmModemUpdater. It wants a tar file and not the raw PRL file.
    I believe we had some correspondence earlier in this thread relating to this method. (It may have been he & I PM'ing each other though; can't quite recall)
    I don't want to just update the PRL, I want to restore the autoupdate/button update for network settings and PRL to my Pre2.

    I already know how to update the PRL manually.
  15. Ziplock's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #395  
    have to get the tar file off the 1.4.5 donor pre- after its activated then do the comm board swap and continue the process outlined here
    http://forums.precentral.net/2924140-post194.html

    EDIT: oops just saw that you dont have ur OG pre in working order.... maybe buy a cheap crappy one off ebay and then do it ... kinda sucks wish I knew another way
  16. #396  
    Solved update problem; see post below.
    Last edited by matteebee13; 08/03/2011 at 09:44 PM.
  17. #397  
    Download the latest PRL from this link: http://dev-host.org/users/oostah
    or choose one of the latest ones from links posted later in this thread. 11115 is available here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33209217/Sprint_11115.prl
    Then use these instructions:

    <<GET PRL FILE>>
    Unzip it and send to /media/internal

    1. rename (PRL FILE) to Sprint_60680.prl (or whatever PRL you want to use)
    2. cd /media/internal
    3. mount -o remount,rw /
    4. tar -cf prl_update.tar Sprint_60680.prl
    5. PmModemUpdater < /media/internal/prl_update.tar
    6. mount -o remount,ro /
    7. reboot
    Worked for me.

    (These instructions are from post #130 of this very thread slightly modified)
    Last edited by matteebee13; 09/28/2011 at 11:49 PM.
    giggles, Ziplock and tp2386 like this.
  18. #398  
    Use SDL Terminal on device, novacom, WOSQI terminal command line or whatever method you want to gain root access for Post #399 above
    Last edited by matteebee13; 08/17/2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Added instructions to post above
  19. #399  
    Updated to 60681
    Stay thirsty, my friends
  20. #400  
    Tapping the update button just results in "No PRL update available" message after some seconds. My PRL seems to be stuck at 60664. Not sure how to resolve. Advise please.

Posting Permissions