Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    To answer the 60678 PRL/length of time as a Sprint customer question, I believe my wife has been with Sprint for 8 years or so and I have the 60678 PRL (or at least that is what it is telling me).

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I think you built the wrong doctor. However, since I forgot to charge the batteries in my crystal ball, we'd need a hell of a lot more info than "I dr my phone"...

M.
    I doctored it to the default Sprint 1.4.5 dr downloaded fresh from Palm's site. Everything read as Sprint and it updated to 60678. I tared the directory, then updated to 2.1. After the update, everything said Sprint and I could make a call/use internet with no problems. I copied the Sprint.tar.gz file over to the root and untared it, followed by installing the provisioner.

After a reboot, the Sprint logo disappeared from the top left. At first that was the only issue I noticed, but after making a few calls, I realized that something was definitely wrong as every time I would hang up the phone I was getting a dropped call notification.

I redoctored to 2.1 and everything seems OK ATM, Says Sprint top left and no droped call notifications when I hang up. I think I will create a new back-up Sprint.tar.gz form this install, then extract the files from my 1.4.5 sprint.tar.gz and reboot to see what happens before installing the sprint provisioner, but this will have to wait till I get home tonight.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Hey!

Out of curiosity, I have a question to those who have gotten the recent Sprint PRL update:

How long have you been with Sprint? I've been with Sprint for about 9.5 years (yeah, I got screwed and am only Silver...) and I and my GF got 01115. Some people are getting 60678. How long have you been with Sprint?

I saw a post on the Sprint message boards that suggests towards it's only some accounts were selected to get 01115. It seems some of the difference is 3g in roaming. Those with 01115 will have better roaming data *in some areas* (none apply to me as far as I can tell but still have 01115) than those with 60678.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    I am also in So Cal. My phone shows 1115 and my wife's Pixi shows 01115.
    I have been with sprint for +10yrs, Family account under my wife's name.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Hey!

Out of curiosity, I have a question to those who have gotten the recent Sprint PRL update:

How long have you been with Sprint? I've been with Sprint for about 9.5 years (yeah, I got screwed and am only Silver...) and I and my GF got 01115. Some people are getting 60678. How long have you been with Sprint?

I saw a post on the Sprint message boards that suggests towards it's only some accounts were selected to get 01115. It seems some of the difference is 3g in roaming. Those with 01115 will have better roaming data *in some areas* (none apply to me as far as I can tell but still have 01115) than those with 60678.

M.
    I also have been with sprint for about 9 1/2 years and was screwed out of my upgrade status like you. But I have only received the 60678 prl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    I also have been with sprint for about 9 1/2 years and was screwed out of my upgrade status like you. But I have only received the 60678 prl.
    Interesting. Is yours a Family account or an Individual account?

M.
    Interesting. Is yours a Family account or an Individual account?

M.
    indivisual account.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    i have my wife also on my plan, only a silver prem. after the change because we have some sprint discounts that kept us under the mark.
    Yeah, that boned me over on the gold subscription...I've got something like a 27% discount and my bill misses the GOLD mark quite a bit now.

I'm happy but frustrated at the same time...You?
    Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    indivisual account.
    Even more interesting. So we have family accounts with >~5 years getting 01115?

M.
    Even more interesting. So we have family accounts with >~5 years getting 01115?

M.
    Mine is on a family account and I am on 60678. My wife has had the account ~8 years. My line was added to her account about 3 years ago.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    My Pre is showing 01115. I've had the account a little over 11 years. It was an individual account for the first 8 years, and now it's a two line family account.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Here's another data point for you - I'm now on 01115. Been with Sprint a little over 11 years as well, and it's always been an individual account. Austin, TX.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    Here's another data point for you - I'm now on 01115. Been with Sprint a little over 11 years as well, and it's always been an individual account. Austin, TX.

Are you a Gold Member then?

M.
    Just a point of data - I've seen threads about Verizon PRLs where there was more than one PRL reported as "current". It didn't seem to be totally regionally specific but I don't recall two people in the same city having different PRLs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    It didn't seem to be totally regionally specific but I don't recall two people in the same city having different PRLs.
    That's the part that I'm find the most interesting. Different PRL's? Sure; it happens. But not when some of the people are a stone throw from each other...

So far, there's only two real oddities:

• 11+ year individual account with 01115.
    • 8 year family account with 60678.

*BUT*, >10 years would/should make him a Gold Member regardless of plan cost. So that may take the mystery out of that one.

DAVIDTM:

What account type is yours? Family or Individual? Yours is kind of an odd one too.

M.
    I have a 3-line family account, been with sprint <2 years and my PRL updated to 1115. I haven't done my wife's yet to see what she gets, she also has pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    I have a 3-line family account, been with sprint <2 years and my PRL updated to 1115. I haven't done my wife's yet to see what she gets, she also has pre.

Well... then I think this one blows away just about any theory at this point...

Hmmm...

Are you getting some kind of corporate discount by any chance? I am: 22% (hence why I got the shaft and got labeled Silver...)

M.
    Well... then I think this one blows away just about any theory at this point...

Hmmm...

Are you getting some kind of corporate discount by any chance? I am: 22% (hence why I got the shaft and got labeled Silver...)

M.
    Yeah my wife gets a 24% discount. I'll update her's tonight and see what it says.
  17. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    account for 13+ yrs, prl 60677 . . . . Day1 Sprint that is limping on its last leg. Hurry HP ~
    I haven't read through the full thread, but I saw the PRL post so I checked for an update. It went from 60677 to 01115. I have a family plan. I've been with sprint 9 yrs, it will be 10 come june. I'm on a family plan, and am considered sprint premier silver. ***going back through the thread to see why I provided this and to try find out why the numbering changed.*** lol
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Sprint FrankenPre+ here. Followed the steps in this thread, did the PRL update, now running 1115.

Thanks to all who figured out how to get the updater working in 2.1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Igoing back through the thread to see why I provided this and to try find out why the numbering changed.*** lol

Just an unofficial "poll" trying to figure out if there's a pattern why some people are getting PRL# 01115 and some are getting 60678.

It all seemed kind of obvious until the last few replies...

M.