Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I just updated (2.1.0) and went from 60677 to 60678. I've looked around and many folks on other sites are getting the 01115, but not everyone. I found this site that lists the differences between 60677 and 01115. It does seem to be a legit PRL. But I didn't get it.

shrug...
    Quote Originally Posted by pengc99 View Post
    hxxp://andrewpeng.net/downloads/prefroamlist

hxxp://andrewpeng.net/downloads/deviceinfo_2011-21-03_080123.png
    I grabbed the prefroamlist from that link, tared it and updated it. Now It shows me as being on Digital Roaming and and R instead of EV...

deviceinfo_2011-23-04_204337.png
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I grabbed the prefroamlist from that link, tared it and updated it. Now It shows me as being on Digital Roaming and and R instead of EV...

deviceinfo_2011-23-04_204337.png

That's a bad file. I think it's a Verizon PRL or something. Had you starting reading just a post or two after it, you would've encountered about two pages of people saying the same thing has you (myself included). I hope you still have your other one around (60676 or whatever you had before).

If a mod happens by, can that post be deleted, please?

Hmmm... I can't find it now. Has it been deleted already?

M.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I used the message stream to find out how to add the Update PRL and Update Network buttons after installing the Sprint 60676 which I had saved prior to upgrading. I later updated to 60677 by using the button. Thought the last few notes about 1115 were interesting and had to see what I got when I hit the update button.

Sure enough, it updated me to 1115 on my upgraded Pre-. Not satisfied about the comments indicating a verizon PRL, I took my wife's unaltered Pre- and updated the PRL. She now has 01115.

I do not plan to go back unless I have problems roaming over the next few days.

Dale
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Sure enough, it updated me to 1115 on my upgraded Pre-. Not satisfied about the comments indicating a verizon PRL, I took my wife's unaltered Pre- and updated the PRL. She now has 01115.
    The Verizon PRL comment is/was directed to that URL that was posted to a PRL file. It's only a guess on my part about a Verizon thing because our Sprint phones will ONLY roam with it (which is Verzion's lines).

As far as 1115 goes, I'm not having any issues (2.1) nor is my GF (1.4.5), so I'll let it sit here until Sprint changes their mind as well.

Interesting, though, my phone calls it "1115", but my GF's calls it "01115" (note the preceding zero). I dunno. They both work, so...

M.
    I'm planning on Doctoring back to 1.4.5 later today or tomorrow night so I can get an updated PRL for my Sprint Pre (Minus). Then I'll meta-doctor back to 2.1 afterwards. I've searched high and low for the "funny provisioner" IPK, but have been unable to find. Could someone please PM me a location for that? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    I'm planning on Doctoring back to 1.4.5 later today or tomorrow night so I can get an updated PRL for my Sprint Pre (Minus). Then I'll meta-doctor back to 2.1 afterwards. I've searched high and low for the "funny provisioner" IPK, but have been unable to find. Could someone please PM me a location for that? Thanks!
    as of last night I have 60678. I'm running a frankenpre plus on 2.1.
    Just updated my PRL from the previous 60676 and now it shows 01115. Anyone know what that means or what the difference is? My guess is a switch over to a more standard number to use with other carriers or WiMax/LTE VERSIONS etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Just updated my PRL from the previous 60676 and now it shows 01115. Anyone know what that means or what the difference is? My guess is a switch over to a more standard number to use with other carriers or WiMax/LTE VERSIONS etc.
    what area are you from? I'm in so cal and its always been in the 60677-8 format for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    what area are you from? I'm in so cal and its always been in the 60677-8 format for me.

I'm in eastern PA and prior to a couple days ago, it has always been 606* here.

M.
    Ok, I dr my phone, got it working on sprint (showed sprint upper left corner), untared my sprint.tar.gz file, installed the provisioner file, rebooted and now the carrier string is blank in upper left corner. Going into device info shows my carrier as "ROW". But I am on prl 60678. Any clue what went wrong?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    I am also in So Cal. My phone shows 1115 and my wife's Pixi shows 01115.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Ok, I dr my phone, got it working on sprint (showed sprint upper left corner), untared my sprint.tar.gz file, installed the provisioner file, rebooted and now the carrier string is blank in upper left corner. Going into device info shows my carrier as "ROW". But I am on prl 60678. Any clue what went wrong?

I think you built the wrong doctor. However, since I forgot to charge the batteries in my crystal ball, we'd need a hell of a lot more info than "I dr my phone"...

M.
    [QUOTE=sinime;2945564]Ok, I dr my phone, got it working on sprint (showed sprint upper left corner), untared my sprint.tar.gz file, installed the provisioner file, rebooted and now the carrier string is blank in upper left corner. Going into device info shows my carrier as "ROW". But I am on prl 60678. Any clue what went wrong?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

all you have to do is update your prl right before you doctor to 2.1. Then after you run meta-doctor it should still be the same as it was when updated last on 1.4.5 ,

i just wanted to add that when i started looking for provisioner ipk , i actuallyfound 2 of them in the 2.0.1 doctor for sprint. dont know if that means nothing or what, but i just wanted to throw that out there
    Last edited by Janke; 04/25/2011 at 03:33 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Well now this isn't good, I've doctored twice to 1.4.5 now, and it gets to 84% and then says failed to restart my phone.. pull the battery and power it on, and it shows palm logo for about 15 seconds and then screen goes off and it restarts again in an endless loop..

Update: Had a bad copy of 1.4.5 doc. All good to go now, back on my own phone # and not my gf's :P Thx for all the help.

Sorry, I didn't see this. I'm glad to hear everything is is OK now! Out of curiosity, and you don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable, was your phone using your minutes/account the whole time, or was it using your GF's? You had said that your GF's bill was through the roof but didn't mention yours.

M.
    Hey!

Out of curiosity, I have a question to those who have gotten the recent Sprint PRL update:

How long have you been with Sprint? I've been with Sprint for about 9.5 years (yeah, I got screwed and am only Silver...) and I and my GF got 01115. Some people are getting 60678. How long have you been with Sprint?

I saw a post on the Sprint message boards that suggests towards it's only some accounts were selected to get 01115. It seems some of the difference is 3g in roaming. Those with 01115 will have better roaming data *in some areas* (none apply to me as far as I can tell but still have 01115) than those with 60678.

M.
    i have been with sprint for about 3 years. running 2.1 with provisioner working. just updated prl to 60678.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    i have been with sprint for about 3 years. running 2.1 with provisioner working. just updated prl to 60678.

So far my theory holds water (but with only one answer it's hard to tell ). I do want to tack on one more question:

Are people's accounts Individual accounts or Family accounts?

Me:

Time: 9.5 years
    Acct: Family (Son, GF, Me).

M.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    7+ yrs (fellow screwee re Premiere) with 1115 PRL
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    i have my wife also on my plan, only a silver prem. after the change because we have some sprint discounts that kept us under the mark.