Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I haven't used my Sprint Pre for about 6-8 months but am having bluetooth issues with my current phone (Evo) and I'd like to activate the Pre for a little while. Plus all of this news regarding the Pre3 and especially the TouchPad has made me miss webOS a bit...

The issue I have is that you can't get past the Palm Profile screen without actually switching cellular service over to that phone (since you can't enable WiFi until you get past that). Ideally I'd like to get the phone all setup and ready to go and then switch phones rather than switching first and then having to do that.

I currently have the Pre in Developer Mode and so I can't access the App Catalog or login to my Palm Profile. Does anyone know a way to:

1) Login to my Palm Profile when in Developer Mode so that I can restore my old applications and get the phone ready for use?

2) Get the phone completely setup and ready before switching over service to it?

I realize it's not a big deal, was just looking for an easy way to get the phone ready in advance of switching back.

Thanks..
    there's a thread on this page discussing that... you need to use the meta-doctor
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Any chance you can point me to that link? I've done some searching and it seems like the vast majority of results deal with using Meta-Doctor to upgrade to webOS 2.0. I'm fine with staying at 1.4.5.

I can always just use webOS Doctor to take it back to scratch and then activate the phone. It isn't that big of a deal, was just hoping for a quick and easy way to take the phone from the current Developer Mode state back to a normal Pre.

Thanks..
    probably easier and faster just to activate. Profile data should just populate phone.no need to doctor. Then do OTA to latest update if necessary, i think 1.45 was out 6-8 months ago so perhaps not even OTA will be needed.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, this is helpful.. It does seem like it would be easier to webOS doctor it back to stock 1.4.5, then switch over cellular service to it and login to my Palm Profile. I'll look into what is involved in the Meta-Doctor and possibly even going to webOS 2.0.

As much as I really like the screen size on the Evo, I miss webOS after using it again for just a little while. If this thing had a little better performance (even with overclocking) I probably would have stuck with the smaller screen and never left in the first place!

Thanks again guys..