1.    #1  
    I have my 1.4.5 PalmDatabase.db3 backed up & have meta-doctored to 2.1, if I swap out the new one with the old will they still be compatible? Has anyone attempted this?
    haven't checked it out yet but need to see the database schema for both... and from there if there is a different format/table structure for just "messages" lets say.. maybe we can import just one row at a time and see how it goes. If i get a developer Pre2 i'll def check it out.
    Hi suggest that you do not do this...because the structure of the DB might have changed..putting it in will definately mess up your contacts/ SMS etc among other things.
  4.    #4  
    i figured the structure might have changed with the overhaul of everything else, of course i would back up the new one as well ;]. It should be possible to convert one to the other (once we know the correct format), correct?
    Does anyone even know if the Palmdatabase file exists in webOS 2? Its not in the /var/luna/data/dbdata folder if it is!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Be aware that webOS 2.x uses a completely different database backend for the information which used to be in the PalmDatabase.db3 file.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Be aware that webOS 2.x uses a completely different database backend for the information which used to be in the PalmDatabase.db3 file.

-- Rod
    Rod - I was trying to access the /var/db/main/indexes.db file to see if that contains all my contact data because I saw that file was changed shortly after updating a contact record. However, I have been unable to open up that .db file in any database program I have, including SQLite or microsoft access. If I open it up as a text file, there is a lot of garbage in there, but I can search for and find my contacts but not in any usable format. So, do you know of any program that will actually open up this file

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Rod - I was trying to access the /var/db/main/indexes.db file to see if that contains all my contact data because I saw that file was changed shortly after updating a contact record. However, I have been unable to open up that .db file in any database program I have, including SQLite or microsoft access. If I open it up as a text file, there is a lot of garbage in there, but I can search for and find my contacts but not in any usable format. So, do you know of any program that will actually open up this file

Adam
    You will have to use the com.palm.db service to access it. See Impostah for examples.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yea, I saw how you can access 1 table/record at a time with Impostah..but it is it possible to export a whole table? I liked that with the PalmDatabase file, I could easily get my calendar and contacts into a spreadsheet via export in SQLite. any idea if something similiar is possible in 2.0?

Like any of my work:
    I Too would like to export data (specifically contacts) from my palm profile. I wish I had never used my profile to store all my contact info.