1.    #1  
    I have read a lot of the pages in the upgrade thread and did a lot of searches and didn't see this issue yet. I have a sprint pre doctored to 2.1. Everything was working fine until today. When I get email the emails come in fine and I can see the subjects and who they are from. But after I open them the body of the emails is missing. I have removed the account and did a full reboot then re-added the account and still has the body missing. I can hit reply and scroll down and it will be there. I did see an issue in 1.3.5 but no one had a fix for it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by slyvester View Post
    I have read a lot of the pages in the upgrade thread and did a lot of searches and didn't see this issue yet. I have a sprint pre doctored to 2.1. Everything was working fine until today. When I get email the emails come in fine and I can see the subjects and who they are from. But after I open them the body of the emails is missing. I have removed the account and did a full reboot then re-added the account and still has the body missing. I can hit reply and scroll down and it will be there. I did see an issue in 1.3.5 but no one had a fix for it. Any help would be appreciated.
    I think this issue lies with using POP or Hotmail email on webOS 2.x

I had this on my Pre 2 with 2.0.1 and I was told to ditch hotmail and go gmail. I've since done this and I'm glad I did.

However this may not be practical for you. You may have to wait for a bugfix. :S
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  3.    #3  
    I am using a pop3 and also a exchange. I cant change my works email.
    I am using a pop3 and also a exchange. I cant change my works email.
    What happens when you tap on this black box?
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    What happens when you tap on this black box?
    What Black Box?
    What Black Box?
    What do you see when you open the email? I was seeing a black square.
  7.    #7  
    I dont see anything. It is just white blank area.
    I'm having the same problem... no body to my email. Help! Where the main text of the email should be, there's nothing.
  9.    #9  
    I doctored my phone again with a rebuilt doctor and it fixed the issue. It also fixed my Google maps issue I was having. No If sprint nav would work.
    Hello, having the same problem...Ive doctored the phone twice already and it will display the email body for the first couple of emails then it will stop doing displaying them, it will show a white background. Also, having issues with the browser...will get stuck refreshing page.
  11.    #11  
    make a new 2.1 doctor. That is what I did to fix te issue. I think I did something wrong or installed a patch the wasn't supported. Make sure Ur version reads 2.1 before installing anything.
    If the browser is stuck refreshing the page, try removing the flash patch and .ipk that Jason had made. Then reinstall the .ipk on webOS QI and the patch via Preware. It should work perfectly then.
    I am having the same problem. I am about to re-doctor, and see what happens. No solutions, just wanted to let you know you were not alone
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Anyone solved the "Black box issue", i see that happening on my Pre- 2.1 on IMAP account...
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I had 5 email accounts all working with IMAP then I upgraded, It seemed OK but today I noticed I cannot read any of my text while I see the headings OK. I only see the white screen. I agree when I do a reply I can see the text. Not a good situation. So I removed all my accounts and rebooted and started with gmail only and same problem!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I gave up and re-doctored and its OK now. So must must be a patch or something that did it. Perhaps compache or Flash patch?
    I had the same problem. Had to redoc. Think it had to do with the flash patch b/c websites stopped loading then too. Got everything working now

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I've had the same problem. Doctored to webos 2.1., everything worked fine, until i ve installed the flashplugin (via webos QI + patch via preware). now i'm experiencing the same issues: no email body, and pages with flash stopped loading. removing the flashplugin + patch using preware + reboot solved the problem for me. however no flash now :-(
    Had this happen to mine when I improperly built the Flash ipk. Problem solved once I properly built the ipk.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Had the same problem twice on my Veer! first i doktored, second time i "erased all data"
    With the black box email problem there appeared some other problems, too:
    - Webbrowser didnt work anymore
    - Sound output did not work anymore
    - music player skipped the first three songs

I am not aware of doing anything wrong. It just came all of a sudden :-(