Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I am running a vZW pre plus i recently followed the wiki on updating the phone to 2.1 and that all worked perfectly. i doctored my pre and its bringing up the first use screen and it will not activate or show data. it only shows the signal bars and the wifi signal. i tried manually programming the phone by calling *228 and that all works fine and after a reboot it will get past the activation screen and go into the palm profile screens howver without the data connection it cant activate my palm profile. not sure what to do.

    is it probably best to doctor back to 1.4.5 and then restart the process?
  2. #2  
    Try wifi.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Try wifi.
    i cant do wifi because i cannot connect to any access point. im stuck at the first use login screen for the palm profile
  4. #4  
    did you use the latest script? if you can't get a data connection you may have used an old script which does not automatically update the modem firmware.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    did you use the latest script? if you can't get a data connection you may have used an old script which does not automatically update the modem firmware.
    how do you update the scripts?. im not sure how old they were i installed meta-doctor on ubuntu at around 11am this morning so whatever was in the script then is what i have.
  6. #6  
    I don't know the commands that well, but i believe that from the top level of the meta-doctor directory (./?) you need to type "git pull"

    see this post: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2895035
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I don't know the commands that well, but i believe that from the top level of the meta-doctor directory (./?) you need to type "git pull"

    [/URL]
    Ok i will try and ill post the results in this thread. thanks for the help
  8. #8  
    ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0

    this is the command you should run from the meta-doctor directory
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0

    this is the command you should run from the meta-doctor directory
    once he's fetched the current scripts though, right?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    once he's fetched the current scripts though, right?
    Yes, all he needs to do that is a simple 'git pull'. It'll check all the files (including modified scripts) and update them to the correct / latest versions.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  11.    #11  
    Tried the "git pull" command it updated the scripts but still no data connections
  12. #12  
    In 'Device Info' what is the firmware version reporting as?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ja******* View Post
    I am running a vZW pre plus i recently followed the wiki on updating the phone to 2.1 and that all worked perfectly. i doctored my pre and its bringing up the first use screen and it will not activate or show data. it only shows the signal bars and the wifi signal. i tried manually programming the phone by calling *228 and that all works fine and after a reboot it will get past the activation screen and go into the palm profile screens howver without the data connection it cant activate my palm profile. not sure what to do.

    is it probably best to doctor back to 1.4.5 and then restart the process?

    Same issue with me on 2.1.2. I have an HP Veer and i cant get pass the profile screen. I need to put manual APN settings as im using an un supported carrier but cant get past this initial screen. Have you managed anything as yet?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    In 'Device Info' what is the firmware version reporting as?
    Same issue with me on 2.1.2. I have an HP Veer and i cant get pass the profile screen. I need to put manual APN settings as im using an un supported carrier but cant get past this initial screen. I activated developer mode now to bypass the palm profile by entering #*3386633# . Now however i cant change the APN. Everytime i switch manual APN to on it automatically switches itself off. When checking my data connection it comes as off. I can switch it back on but it turns off again. I dont have 3G where i am only 2 G is available. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you

Posting Permissions