1.    #1  
    EDIT: I completely forgot to mention I'm consitering WebOS 2.1 in the title, forgive me, long day...
    Hello, all!

As the title of this post suggests, I'm highly considering using this "MetaDoctor" on my ATT Pre Plus to get WebOS 2.1, however, as the title also suggests, I have quite a few questions, and any sort of answer would be highly appreciated.

Firstly, I want to make sure my device meets the criteria of those to become a "FrakenPre." I have various apps, patches and am overclocked on a 1000/500 savestate. If I am correct, I will have to remove all of these added features before running the MetaDoctor, correct? Also, I do not have "root" access to my device, just Preware.

Secondly, from what I've read, it only seems like MetaDoctor can be ran from Macs and computers running Linux. I myself, have a Windows 7 laptop, but I have access to a Mac if needed. I just wanted to make sure I don't have to go out of my way, if I don't need too. So, am I set, or must I use my buddy's Mac?

Third, are there any crippling side-effects to this procedure? This is my phone afterall, I need it for various purposes. i can't risk losing it.

And finally, is there any guide out that I can follow to go off of? As mentioned, I'm new to this.

Thank you to anyone who had time to read this, or could offer me any advise or know-how. I know I sound like a complete "n00b" (for lack of a better term) but I just don't want to kill my device with a foolish mistake, I've taken on everything from iPhones to PSPs so I'm hoping I could handle this, with the right guidance.

Many thanks again,
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    second post wasn't mocking. Just quoting Rod.

http://m.forums.precentral.net/webos...ta-doctor.html
    I am using a meta-doctored AT&T Pre Plus since day one. I followed the directions on the WIKI exactly. I have had zero issues. Using the meta scripts make it extremely easy.
  4.    #5  
    Thanks for the links and input guys!
    However, as I read on, this process seems to get more and more overwhelming.
    MetaDoctor itself gives me a headache, I feel like by the time I figure this out an easier process will come out haha But, it won't discourage me from trying.
    ~Ted
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 03/02/2011 at 11:06 PM.
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    I would suggeat running it on 1.4.5 and oveeclocking with uberkernel for awhile while you learn your way around the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    I am using a meta-doctored AT&T Pre Plus since day one. I followed the directions on the WIKI exactly. I have had zero issues. Using the meta scripts make it extremely easy.
    + 0.5

Took me a few tries as I was using my existing profile but ultimately got it running smoothly and now overclocked (bonus!)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Thanks for the links and input guys!
    However, as I read on, this process seems to get more and more overwhelming.
    MetaDoctor itself gives me a headache, I feel like by the time I figure this out an easier process will come out haha But, it won't discourage me from trying.
    ~Ted
    It really won't get easier, this is as simple as they can get without giving it out and that they can't and will never do.
    Borrow your friend's mac as it seems easier than windows, allow yourself an afternoon and take a deep breath and do careful reading and you will be OK. The wiki now contains all the instructions and is clear.