1.    #1  
    Hi all. This is my first post. I have searched high and low and can't seem to get this to work.

I purchased a Pre Plus through AT&T. I do not have (and do not want) a data plan. Instead I have pay per use data through AT&T and unlimited messaging (mms and sms). With every smart phone I have owned to date, I would typically install some kind of "nodata" application that would disable applications from connecting to the web so as to ensure I wouldn't have any unnecessary data charges... but could still send and receive mms/multimedia messages without any problems...

With my pre plus, I can't seem to get this working. The only way I can receive/send mms messages is if I leave data completely enabled on the phone... and from what I understand this phone tends to connect to the web as it sees fit and this would result in a huge bill for me! I tried going to the preferences and changing the internet and mms apn settings.... I figured that if I put bogus data in the internet apn settings and then got the mms apn settings correct.... the phone would send and receive pic messages without any problems but still be unable to connect to the web. No dice.

Can anyone help me out? This has become really frustrating. Thanks!
    MMS messages go through your carrier data plan, so you need data on there. SMS messages will come thru without data enabled, and you can get all your other data needs thru WiFi, but to get MMS, you need to have data enabled. sorry
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work: