1.    #1  
    Just wondering if there was a way I could add a website to my search engine. I was under the impressions ( I could be wrong) that if a website had a search option you would be able to add it to just type. For example I love beeradvocate.com and if I want to look up a beer it would be sweet if I could type the beer and click on beeradvocate.com in the just type page. Is this possible?
    I'm not sure what kind of technology on the page is required but I did not get the option to add that site when I visited it.
    I'm pretty sure its possible because whenever I launch a website from just type, i get a notifcation asking me if I want to add it as a search engine.
  4.    #4  
    yeah I do for cnn and bigger sites but not beeradvocate. Sucks too cus that seems that is exactly what the feature is made for. Maybe down the line.....
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    Just wondering if there was a way I could add a website to my search engine. I was under the impressions ( I could be wrong) that if a website had a search option you would be able to add it to just type. For example I love beeradvocate.com and if I want to look up a beer it would be sweet if I could type the beer and click on beeradvocate.com in the just type page. Is this possible?
    In order to implement that, the website has to use Home - OpenSearch
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing problems with opensearch which I'll post about in another thread eventually.

Try surfing to this page: OpenSearch page for beeradvocate

and you *should* get such a notification if your opensearch is working. But I can't guarantee that my hacked-together OpenSearch thingies work 100% because of my aforementioned problems.

I have more: Darren’s OpenSearch page
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.