1.    #1  
    I tried installing the kernal through preware but it says its not available I downloaded it but I'm still running at 500. I tried both the palm and uber kernel any advice would be appreciated love 2.1.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Which kernal did you try? To my knowledge only Thunderchief will work at this time with the Pre +/- running 2.1.
    The Uber is working for me on my Verizon plus, pretty well
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    I tried installing the kernal through preware but it says its not available I downloaded it but I'm still running at 500. I tried both the palm and uber kernel any advice would be appreciated love 2.1.
    You need to put the kernel testing feeds into preware.

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Follow the directions at the bottom of the page.

Also, 500/1000 screenstate is not working properly at the moment. I'm using 800 fixed state and right now that's the best OC available.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

5.    #5  
    I tried the testing feeds and added them to p ware but they still didn't work. I installed the palm kernal and the user kernal. The patch still says not available for 2.1 what am I doing wrong, anything else I can try?
    Did you reboot your phone after you entered the feeds? After you reboot, open Preware and you'll find the kernel under 'Available Packages' / 'Kernel' / 'Experimental'. If you cannot see these menus then you did not put in the correct testing feed. You need to enter it exactly as it says on the link I posted.

Code:
    http://preware.is.awesome.com/
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Look, when UK is ready it will be released to the public feed for everyone. It is not quite ready and the average user probably shouldn't use it. Just wait, it will come soon.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  8.    #8  
    still nothing I followed the directions and copied the url right in. I made sure their wasn't a back space at the end and swiped back and selected to update feeds as the Wiki said. Still says kernal not avail for 2.1. Well I still like 2.1 so I'll manage......
    read the wiki & make sure you unmasqued your device with the script.
    What does it say under Device Info, Version??
  11.    #11  
    I figured it out I Stopped after I read:
    Congratulations, you have just added a custom feed! For adding other feeds, be sure to replace the name and URL in these instructions with the proper name and URL.

I thought I once done after saw the computer install directions.

I didn't realize I had to install the prewareisawesome feed at the bottom. Blame the user,thanks for your helps you guys are great now I need to donate some flow to webos internal when I get paid on friday