Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I lags and lags and lags and lags. Is it like this on the plus? I know it's perfect on the pre 2 but pre- is like wow. Barely worth the effort gettin it on there. Is there a fix/tweak or is it due to the hardware limitations of ram/CPU or something?
  2. SashoDikov
    That's why it isn't released for the pre. Imagine now how you would flood HPalm's forums with complaints if this had come over the air and not requiring you to hack it.

the fix is to overclock to 1ghz, i can run most flash games and video sites at a decent speed which is more than other phone users can say ;]
    Doesn't matter, HP was flooded with complaints anyway.

They could've added a warning that it will be very slow due to hardware.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    rsanchez. It was never released officially for the pre plus. Why include a warning for something that isn't supposed to exist?
    "Warning: hacking a file intended for Pre Plus so you can install it on hardware it's not intended for and then hacking a file intended for Pre 2 so you can install it on hardware it's not intended for which is running software not intended for it might result in below-average performance"

Better?
    Yeah there was a reason it was never released to our phones, and that was mostly because our phones weren't built (nor was the OS optimized) to work with these phones.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    What did u expect??? I have SGS which is flagship android phone and flash on it sucks.. I won't even bother with it on my pre..
    Flash kinda sucks. In general. On most average to below average hardware, Flash sucks.

Desktop, phone, whatever... Flash is bloated and slow to load on most hardwares.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    rsanchez. It was never released officially for the pre plus. Why include a warning for something that isn't supposed to exist?
    What I meant was, they could've released 2.1 for the Pre, then added warning that some features (such as Flash) would be sluggish.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    What I meant was, they could've released 2.1 for the Pre, then added warning that some features (such as Flash) would be sluggish.
    We'd be drowning in the foam spilling from people's mouths right now if they had done that.

I "upgraded" to that stupid POS 2.1 and even though I'm overclocked, some things take half a second longer to open than they did before! And I can't even go back! I just wish I could jump ship already, goodbye HP, you've already lost me, you should make sure your stuff isn't useless crap before you release it!

Maybe even some talk of class-action lawsuit here and there. But then again, maybe talk of class-action lawsuits for minuscule inconveniences is to tech forums what background radiation is to the universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    That is assuming that people actually read warnings, but we all know reading is overrated for most people.
    The Pre - was not even suppose to run webos 2.1. So there is really no point ranting about flash on Pre -. Its a double fail...
    Although i believe the main problem is
    a. memory - which the compcache to 32MB might help
    b. Overclocking - which might help performance..

but overall even on my preplus the flash is 'acceptable' but not fantastic...I'd not even use flash if not for the fact some of the sites - use streaming flash embedded on browsers.. .
    But they said it would work!!! They showed a video of it working!! I want Flash on my Pre!! HP lied to us!!

Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    We'd be drowning in the foam spilling from people's mouths right now if they had done that.

I "upgraded" to that stupid POS 2.1 and even though I'm overclocked, some things take half a second longer to open than they did before! And I can't even go back! I just wish I could jump ship already, goodbye HP, you've already lost me, you should make sure your stuff isn't useless crap before you release it!

Maybe even some talk of class-action lawsuit here and there. But then again, maybe talk of class-action lawsuits for minuscule inconveniences is to tech forums what background radiation is to the universe.
    wow! thats deep,man...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    That is assuming that people actually read warnings, but we all know reading is overrated for most people.
    wait what was that? Sorry was too long to read :P
    Quote Originally Posted by SashoDikov View Post
    That's why it isn't released for the pre. Imagine now how you would flood HPalm's forums with complaints if this had come over the air and not requiring you to hack it.

the fix is to overclock to 1ghz, i can run most flash games and video sites at a decent speed which is more than other phone users can say ;]
    +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    The Pre - was not even suppose to run webos 2.1. So there is really no point ranting about flash on Pre -. Its a double fail...
    Although i believe the main problem is
    a. memory - which the compcache to 32MB might help
    b. Overclocking - which might help performance..

but overall even on my preplus the flash is 'acceptable' but not fantastic...I'd not even use flash if not for the fact some of the sites - use streaming flash embedded on browsers.. .
    Actually maybe it's because of Compcache which slowed things down and they had to pull Flash. Compcache expands your memory, but the additional memory is VERY slow compared to regular RAM.

Palm had to add 10MB of Compcache for 2.1 to work on the Pre.

With that being said, my Pre Classic with 2.1 and Uberkernel runs like a dream.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I have upgraded my AT&T Pre Plus to 2.1 and installed Flash, running F105 at 1.005GHz. Flash is not only slow, but it is UNSTABLE and caused my Pre Plus to eventually freeze up, and needed a battery pull to reset it.

Flash is NOT in any way worth running at the moment unless you run your Flash app and IMMEDIATELY reboot your phone before it freezes up on you.