1.    #1  
    I've read the posts and watched the videos. I know there there is a chance I will damage my palm profile or my phone by doctoring my pre- to 2.1. I have not been able to get a clear answer on what exactly that means.

If the doctor fails, will I be able to doctor back to 1.4.5, or will it brick my phone?

What exactly happens when you damage your palm profile? Do you loose it? Can you get it back? I'm assuming that this means your synergy data and apps are lost forever, forcing you to create a new palm profile. Am I correct?

If you do have to create a new palm profile, will I be able to use the new profile with my current Sprint plan?
    Your Palm Profile is not linked to your Sprint device, it is simply a Palm/HP thing. You can go from 1.4.5 to 2.1 and back to 1.4.5 with little to no problems. (As far as I know)
    just back up what your profile backs up?
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Your Palm Profile is not linked to your Sprint device, it is simply a Palm/HP thing. You can go from 1.4.5 to 2.1 and back to 1.4.5 with little to no problems. (As far as I know)
    No, this is not right. Once you sign in with your profile onto a 2.1 device, you cannot go back and re-sign in to a 1.4.5 device and get your profile back. 2.1 will modify it. And really, you will only get your applications when you use a 1.4.5 profile to log into a 2.1 device. The best bet is to use Save/Restore. Anytime you change devices, you are going to lose sms, mms, and with going to 2.1, memos.

If you really want to have your 1.4.5 profile available, you will need to create a new profile and lose all the apps you purchased.
    See I haven't done it yet but I'm in the process of doing it.

Pro Tip: If you reset your Palm Profile after doctoring your phone, it will not let you sign in and it'll lock your device. And you have to contact customer service.
  6.    #6  
    Alright, so if i'm understanding this correctly, as long as I backup my data properly with save/restore, and follow the upgrade directions, my profile should come across to 2.1 intact

HOWEVER

I will not be able to downgrade to 1.4.5 after I sign in to my profile with 2.1.

So, if I don't actually make it as far as the 2.1 sign in, my palm profile will not be in jeopardy?

But if I do happen to lose my palm profile, I can create a new profile and load my synergy data with save/restore, but I will still have to buy my apps again?

Is that about the jist of it?
    Hello,

I'm sorry if i'm repeating something here, but I have been unable to figure out how to get into my Sprint pre minus' file system in order to replace the palm-build-info.

I have tried to install Internalz, but it does not support 2.1 as far as I know. What are the ways everyone has been accomplishing this?

Joey Jeffers
    Use the novacom terminal in order to do this, there are very specific instructions on the Wiki page & in my guide =]
    Quote Originally Posted by monprin View Post
    Hello,

I'm sorry if i'm repeating something here, but I have been unable to figure out how to get into my Sprint pre minus' file system in order to replace the palm-build-info.

I have tried to install Internalz, but it does not support 2.1 as far as I know. What are the ways everyone has been accomplishing this?

Joey Jeffers
    Install the palm sdk for your bit version and using windows command window 'cmd' to install the unmasq. Just copy the unmasq file to the pre's usb partition and to the folder you want to work out of, (example: c:/program files (x86)/palm/sdk/bin ) then just nav to the folder in cmd window ( cd c:/program files (x86)..... Etc... )
    then run the commands.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    What about doctoring back to 1.4.5 is that possible after going to 2.1?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    So sprint isn't offering the upgrade as it once was???(via the update icon)
    I'm so out of the loop
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay Suh View Post
    So sprint isn't offering the upgrade as it once was???(via the update icon)
    I'm so out of the loop
    Neither Sprint nor Verizon nor AT&T are offering the upgrade over the air to 2.1 for the Pre, Pixis or PrePlus. The only phone in the US that gets an over the air upgrade is the Pre2 by Verizon.
    WebOS Internals is offering a workaround to install via computer for the other Pre phones (not the pixis). Its a little tricky. See this link below and read some of the forum posts before attempting.

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals