1.    #1  
    I have a VZW Pre Plus from April 2010 and I'm having the well documented keyboard issues. It's always been prone to missed/double letters but it seems to be getting worse. My wife has the same phone bought at the same time and hers is flawless.
    Could the overclocking be causing the problems, my wife's phone is still stock and works fine?
    My phone is tweaked and overclocked and I'm wondering if I should be removing and doctoring my phone back to stock before taking it in to VZW to get it looked at before my warranty period expires?
    Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPat View Post
    I have a VZW Pre Plus from April 2010 and I'm having the well documented keyboard issues. It's always been prone to missed/double letters but it seems to be getting worse. My wife has the same phone bought at the same time and hers is flawless.
    Could the overclocking be causing the problems, my wife's phone is still stock and works fine?
    My phone is tweaked and overclocked and I'm wondering if I should be removing and doctoring my phone back to stock before taking it in to VZW to get it looked at before my warranty period expires?
    I have a pair here from VZW - one with homebrew (mine) and one without (my wife's) and her's has significant keyboard issues as does mine. Mine has not been overclocked at all until today. Today I'm testing something but generally I'm happy with 500mhz performance on the phone so I haven't needed overclock.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks that at least makes me more comfortable that the overclocking likely didn't do anything to cause the problem.
    FWIW, I was also happy with the 500Mhz performance... until I tried 800Mhz... and then 1Ghz, I've been running it with a 250Mhz/1Ghz screenstate profile using UberKernel and Govnah and its noticeably snappier than using my wife's Pre+ (albeit with lots more input errors!)

Does anyone here have experience with returning a Pre+ with issues to VZW, should I return the phone to stock before taking it in?
  4.    #4  
    Anyone...? I just want to know if I should return my Pre to stock before taking it in for keyboard issues. I don't want to waste time doctoring it if I don't need to.
    This is the problem and the fix:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-problem.html

If you don't want to to this, you can return it and hope you get a replacement with a good keyboard. If you return it, you would want to do a full erase, after saving what you want and copying your usb portion to your comptuer.
    I would certainly return to stock kernel. I recently did the keyboard fix on my Verizon Pre Plus which involves taking it apart and cleaning contacts. Results were miraculous.

But with overclocked kernels, I see some keyboard degradation.

If you're still under warranty, get it replaced. There was clearly a keyboard quality issue with some phones.
  7.    #7  
    I'm still under warranty so I probably will try and get a replacement. I will return to stock before going in. If I'm still having problems after the warranty has expired I've got some options too, so thanks for your inputs.

@ TimDugan
    You mentioned that you see keyboard degredation with OCing, should I expect to see the same keyboard problems as long as I'm using an OC Kernel?
    @ TimDugan
    You mentioned that you see keyboard degredation with OCing, should I expect to see the same keyboard problems as long as I'm using an OC Kernel?

I don't know. Haven't gone back and compared. I would think with a good keyboard OC wouldn't be an issue.