Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just throwing this out there to see what other people are going to do. I was one of the people to get the PrPrPr $on$ $day$ $1$ $and$ $my$ $contract$ $is$ $going$ $to$ $expire$ $in$ $April$, $I$ $want$ $the$ $Pre$ $3$ ($hope$ $it$ $comes$ $to$ $sprint$) $but$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $what$ $to$ $do$ $since$ $it$'$s$ $set$ $for$ $summer$ $June$/$July$. $Is$ $anyone$ $else$ $in$ $the$ $same$ $boat$??
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 03/01/2011 at 04:25 PM.
    I want a Pre 2, but not enough to pay and get stuck under contract. Going to patiently wait for Pre 3, and hope it goes to Sprint.
    I have looked at an Evo, Epic.. Win7, I want a Pre 3, but I want more app choices too.
    I am pretty sure that I'm gonna go to android. I've had an internal debate between sticking with webos or switching but since android seems to move much more rapidly and it appeals a little more to my inner geek I think I'm going to make the move. I'm def gonna miss a bunch of things from webos though. And who knows, by the time my upgrade comes along I may want to wait it out for a pre 3. That sure is a sexy phone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Waiting patiently for the Pre 3.
    I will probably go with an EVO or Epic. From what I have seen and heard the phones they will bring out will be smaller than the Pre and I want something bigger. The keyboard drives me nuts because it is so small. I like the OS but I can learn to use Android.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    I will probably go with an EVO or Epic. From what I have seen and heard the phones they will bring out will be smaller than the Pre and I want something bigger. The keyboard drives me nuts because it is so small. I like the OS but I can learn to use Android.
    Yea I would happily go with evo or epic too (i was actually tempted to buy an epic not too long ago) but I think that I would want to wait now and see what new android devices are gonna be coming out. If I'm going android which always touts it's high specs, I want to look at newer devices and not last years devices. And if a newer device doesn't impress me enough, I think I might wait for pre 3 and that amazing 1.4 ghz processor :O

Been deliberating last 6 months with highest hopes for the "big Feb announcements". After CES and latest news, I have decided to go with the best network ( tried MyTouch 4g TMO...bad net in San Diego) and best android device. May cost me hundreds, but my cell experieince is a big deal. Will give up Sprint ( hate that they haven't given us 4g), pay ETF. But they continue to want a fortune for an old EVO! I'll try retention late March ( pressed by the Premier downgrade) and if nothing hits Sprint by then, I'm off to get best VZW has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryinredding View Post
    The Pre 3 is quite a bit bigger than the Pre. Just sayin'.
    I hope that we'll know by then (April contract date) whether or not Sprint will get the Pre 3 and what the timing is. If we still don't have the specifices, I'm not sure what I'll do....likely go with an EVO Shift (don't need the big screen, but want a keyboard). If we know Sprint is getting the Pre 3 and the timing is reasonable, I'll hold off for a little while longer.
    I like the size of the Pre 3 so I'm hoping it lands on Sprint. I can wait until June...it's right around the corner. Would I be happy if it landed sooner? YOU BET!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

my contract ends in december. I'll probably just go with a wp7 phone.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    My contract is up today!!

I probably will go WP7 even tho I do want the Pre 3 but I am felling kind of burned at this point with my 6/6/09 Pre-

Oh well, I guess if I do go WP7 I will probably Meta Dr. my Pre...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Just throwing this out there to see what other people are going to do. I was one of the people to get the PrPrPr $on$ $day$ $1$ $and$ $my$ $contract$ $is$ $going$ $to$ $expire$ $in$ $April$, $I$ $want$ $the$ $Pre$ $3$ ($hope$ $it$ $comes$ $to$ $sprint$) $but$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $what$ $to$ $do$ $since$ $it$'$s$ $set$ $for$ $summer$ $June$/$July$. $Is$ $anyone$ $is$ $in$ $the$ $same$ $boat$??
    BTW - nobody's Sprint contract is up if they have a Pre (several people in the thread have posted that they thought their contracts were up). Your upgrade eligible at 22 months, but your contract won't be up until 24 months eg this June so you still can't leave Sprint without paying an ETF.

I'm personally leaning towards going to Boost Mobile. They let old Sprint phones be activated, and some of them can even run Android 2.3 Gingerbread (like the Touch Pro 2 thanks to XDA Developers). I rarely used all that many minutes, so it should be cheaper for me at only 10 cents per minute.
    Probably going the Evo route. Since Sprints new upgrades rules kicked in and I'm the second line I lose my upgrade. I'm also getting tired of the run around that HP is doing. It's like the OG kick off of the Pre.........10 months later we get the phone in our hands.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'm going to hold out for the Pre 3 however long it takes. But my wife needs a new phone now and we don't know what to get her. I'd hate to get her an Evo b/c it's almost a year old now and still full price. Sprint doesn't really have a hot new phone coming soon though. We already pre-ordered a 3DS instead of the Kyocera phone.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My contracts up in December. I'm hoping o2 uk have the palm pre 3 !!

I'm later than April, but will get a Pre 3 if my Plus works out well.
    I'll just wait until the Pre 3 gets released then I'll either go with Sprint or ATT.
    @OP: The contracts are two years and the Sprint Pre released on 6/6/09. Therefore, those contracts don't end until 6/6/11. Your post also sounds like you think action is required, when it's not. It's possible to let a contract end and just continue with your current phone and plan off contract (which is always a breath of fresh air to know you are no longer tied by a contract and ETF).

I'll be sticking around waiting to see what happens with the Pre 3 before I make any decisions. Given that WebOS 3.0 is designed with a slab in mind (TouchPad) I suspect HP has larger screen slab phones in the pipeline. If my Pre holds out, I may bide my time to see if my suspicion pans out.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Probably moving to the EVO Shift.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast