1.    #1  
    how do 3d games run on the pre minus? are they laggy? and will overcloaking to 1ghz make a difference?
    I had to run a different kernel to get them to run with out having to reboot before I launch them. I overclock to 800 and they launch/run great.
    Last edited by The Real jonezen; 02/28/2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real jonezen View Post
    I had to run a different kernel to get them to run with out having to reboot before I launch them. I overclock to 800 and they launch/run great.
    That would really be the only problem you might have. I am stock kerneled and rarely have that problem do to only running "clean" apps on my Pre. I have most of the 3D games from GameLoft, GLU Moble, EA, and they run great. People that see me playing in the streets ask "Is that an Android phone?" And I of course tell them that it is the Palm Pre, and they are usually blown away when I minimize the app and show them the UI.

There are many free demos of the 3D games like Need for Speed, so definitely check it out.
    My own experience: 3d games generally run great, although sometimes you'll want to make sure you're not running too many other apps. Overclocking isn't necessary, but I suggest installing Preware and the Uberkernal even if you stick with the stock clock speed, as Uberkernal also helps avoid the "Too Many Cards" error. (Anytime you see someone complaining about TMC, that's what they mean.) I can't speak for The_Real_Jonzen, but I'm guessing he was rebooting to avoid TMC.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    No problems on my stock Pre Minus, except the Too Many Cards error (when the game won't open and tells you to close some open cards, but you don't have any open). I can clear that with a reboot, but it is a pain. Generally, the EA games never cause a TMC error. The Gameloft ones usually do if I haven't rebooted in the last two days.
    I'm with cobrakon. Never had trouble with my pre-, oem kernel. Also only have minimal, clean apps and tend to single task unless I'm doing something.

Only once had to reboot to play due to Too Many Cards. I also play 3D in airplane mode.

At first this was to save battery and ignore interuptions. But then noticed the games were a bit smoother. Airplane mode off it would stutter every several minutes or so. Guessing it was background stuff connecting to the web.

anyhow... The games play smooth, just don't plan to listen to Pandora while you play.