1.    #1  
    im getting a palm pre. i was wondering does the palm pre minus come with web os 1.4. if not will i be able to get it. also will this let me get video capture. Thanks
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/28/2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: clarified title
    Yes, it comes with 1.4.5, yes you can video record on it.

Also, I would recommend you either get the Pre 2 on Verizon or you wait until summer to get the Pre 3.. Sprint Pre doesn't have much ram, and there's a 98.7 percent chance you will get the infamous USB door crack that slowly crawls towards the screen. No matter how much you baby it.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

3.    #3  
    ohh, that usb thing doesnt sound nice. i live in the uk.. so i cant get verizon. i bought this pre to check it out. and see if i like the interface.
    Hi sayeed91,

Play with the device and enjoy it! You'll love webOS and can always change or move up in phones down the line. Have fun with it and be sure to read our "Tips" section for a bunch of cool stuff.
    unsure what OS will be on it, especially if you are buying off ebay or something. All the doctors up to 1.4.5 are publicly available for you to put on your Pre- and there is a page on webOS internals wiki that will show you how to upgrade to 2.1.0 if you desire(wouldn't recommend it on a -) video capture from the camera? If so then yes.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Definitely you should install Preware so you can use UberKernel/Govnah to overclock. If you are looking at the interface, you will like it more if it is FAST.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks very much. i was wondering is there any difference between the gsm pre and the us version. also whats the app catalog like. has it developed over the two years?
  8.    #8  
    more questions. can you downgrade feom 2.01?
  9.    #9  
    also. can someone please enlighten me about preware are what i have to do to get a 1ghz processor
    Quote Originally Posted by sayeed91 View Post
    more questions. can you downgrade feom 2.01?
    You can downgrade from 2.1.0. You will lose some profile data (accounts, contacts), but all your applications (including paid apps) will download.

To get to 1GHz right now the only option is to be running 1.4.5. All you need to do is download WebOS Quick Install 4.04 and install Preware. Then in Preware you need to find the UberKernel linux kernel and install that, reboot, and then install Govnah. There's preset profiles in Govnah that change the core clock to 1000/500 MHz screenstate and others.

As soon as the Kernel for 2.1.0 is released there will be an UberKernel available for 2.1.0 within 24 hours. There is currently a page floating around in another thread that might contain the correct link that Rod is looking for. It shouldn't be too long before we see an UK for 2.1.0.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06