1.    #1  
    Yesterday, my wife left me a voicemail and instead of getting a text message from google and getting the voicemail on google voice the Sprint Pre voicemail icon popped up! I don't know what's going on, but now it doesn't work. I tried deleting my phone and adding it again to google voice, but it doesn't work. Anybody else having this problem?
    Is your mobile phone is listed in the "Forwards to:" section and is both checked and "Activated"?

Also I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with your problem but:
    Google Bug Disables Gmail Accounts | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Last edited by deesugar; 02/28/2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Another suggestion is to make sure your "conditional call forwarding" is working by contacting your carrier.

This page has the codes:
    How To Forward Calls With Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, and At&t
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Yesterday, my wife left me a voicemail and instead of getting a text message from google and getting the voicemail on google voice the Sprint Pre voicemail icon popped up! I don't know what's going on, but now it doesn't work. I tried deleting my phone and adding it again to google voice, but it doesn't work. Anybody else having this problem?
    Been dealing with the same thing with youmail. Apparently Sprint is messing with 3rd party voicemail providers. Here's what they told me to do:

We just learned that Sprint changed the way their network handles third party voicemails so when people call your phone, Sprint tends to drop your phone number so what we're getting is an empty call that looks like that you're calling from a different phone to check your messages.
    Resetting the phone's activation to YouMail usually fixes this issue. Please dial the following activation numbers like making a phone call (including the * sign) to check which one will work in your phone:
    You should hear series of beeps then it will disconnect. Make a test call to your phone to check if you'll hear your YouMail greeting.
    If none worked, dial *38 or *720 to return to your Sprint voicemail, then email us back.

I suspect you can try the same with Google voice and see if you have any luck. So far, none for me. I'll keep you posted.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Is your mobile phone is listed in the "Forwards to:" section and is both checked and "Activated"?

Also I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with your problem but:
    Google Bug Disables Gmail Accounts | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    After I deleted and added my phone number, I forgot to activate it again.

Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    Been dealing with the same thing with youmail. Apparently Sprint is messing with 3rd party voicemail providers. Here's what they told me to do:

We just learned that Sprint changed the way their network handles third party voicemails so when people call your phone, Sprint tends to drop your phone number so what we're getting is an empty call that looks like that you're calling from a different phone to check your messages.
    Resetting the phone's activation to YouMail usually fixes this issue. Please dial the following activation numbers like making a phone call (including the * sign) to check which one will work in your phone:
    You should hear series of beeps then it will disconnect. Make a test call to your phone to check if you'll hear your YouMail greeting.
    If none worked, dial *38 or *720 to return to your Sprint voicemail, then email us back.

I suspect you can try the same with Google voice and see if you have any luck. So far, none for me. I'll keep you posted.
    Yes, my google voice got dropped for no reason at all. So I had to delete my sprint number and add it again to google voice. Then, go to the alert messages and save the changes again. Finally, I got it to work again. Sprint needs to stop messing with my google voice!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    i'm entering a series of codes to try and make mine work. Painful. But your success gives me hope!