1.    #1  
    Trying to get my Pre Plus ready to sell and I'm not quite sure exactly what I need to do. I bypassed activation and erased all my files on the phone with a Secure Full Erase. I wanted to make sure all my files were actually erased, so I tried to start phone and bypass activation, but the cmd couldn't find a device, so I ran WebOS Doctor and was able to start the phone and bypass activation. All my files were, indeed, erased. However, it showed me as having a voicemail. Out of curiosity, I tapped the voicemail button and got an operator giving me instructions for completing a collect call. Also, in the device info, it still shows my number associated with the phone. My Verizon account only shows my Pre 2, so why, after a Full Erase and having my Pre 2 activated with my number, is that same number still showing up in the device info for the Pre Plus? Is it something I should worry about before getting rid of the phone?

Finally, do I even NEED to do WebOS Doctor, or is a full erase (or secure full erase) sufficient before selling the phone?
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I am sort of wondering the same thing. I am currently trying to sell my Palm Pre for Sprint and first did a full erase which I know in the past has removed all my pictures and music, however because I no longer have the phone activated I cannot check that it did in fact erase all my memos and bookmarks and other saved information. I believe my device has been wiped, upon restarting the custom boot screen from the theme I had installed through Preware loaded. My concern was that a full erase did not occur, so I ended up running it through WebOS Doctor and now the custom boot screen no longer appears. I hope this does it, because I had some personal information I don't want getting out...
    in the "device info" app, there is an option called "secure erase" that will wipe it completely clean. Then run the doctor to return it to factory fresh.

that's my recommendation!
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice, I cannot remember which erase I did, I thought it said FULL ERASE, and now, I cannot sign back in because I do not have it activated nor do I even have a Sprint Account...booo on me, well, hopefully it'll be ok
    I'm sure its fine, as kong as there wasn't anything sensative on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm sure its fine, as kong as there wasn't anything sensative on there.
    Which kong would that be? Kauai's Kong radio? KongZhong Corporation? King Kong?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Thank you very much for such rapid responses! This is by far the best forum I have ever been a part of!
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    no Donkey Kong? Diddy Kong?
    Quote Originally Posted by led_zeppelin84 View Post
    Thank you very much for such rapid responses! This is by far the best forum I have ever been a part of!
    Hopefully you are selling your Pre because you just got a Pre2!
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Well, I wish that were the case, but I ended jumping ship and got an iPhone...I know, I am a terrible person
    Hong Kong Phooey?
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    King of Kong? (its an awesome documentary, its on the Netflix, scope it out, it'll change your life)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Long Duck Dong?