1.    #1  
    Could someone please tell me how to inport Wordsmith files and program from a Centro or Palm 755 to the Pre. I didn't know it was possible until I read it here in a search. Yeah I know... duh.

I did a quick search but did not find instructions. I'm in between doing some things and would appreciate some quick help, if you can.

I really do miss Wordsmith

Thanks!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    MotionApps Classic (From the official App Catalog) allows you to install PalmOS Classic programs onto an emulator on the Pre. That's pretty much the only way unless the developer ported the application to WebOs natively.
    True with regard to Classic generally, but as it happens, Wordsmith itself never worked under Classic. {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Oh, thanks for that, Jonathan. I also have / had some apps that refuse to run in classic :/
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys, so just curious, what word processing program do you use on the Pre?

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Memos

lol

seriously
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Memos

lol

seriously
    Lol, hehe... well my Memos have all of those note stickies on it. I don't see a way to get them to list alphabetically like in WS.

p.s. true, I haven't used it much.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Lol, hehe... well my Memos have all of those note stickies on it. I don't see a way to get them to list alphabetically like in WS.

p.s. true, I haven't used it much.
    Lol you can't.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Lol you can't.
    ok. So guess you use Memo too. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Thanks guys, so just curious, what word processing program
    do you use on the Pre?
    I use Scratch Word Processor. (note that I am biased, as I wrote it.)

Scratch Word Processor

If you want a free demo, you can download a time-limited beta version. The features are all the, but each time you launch the app it will delete files you haven't opened in more than 3 days.

Scratch WP Beta
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Planesdragon View Post
    I use Scratch Word Processor. (note that I am biased, as I wrote it.)

Scratch Word Processor

If you want a free demo, you can download a time-limited beta version. The features are all the, but each time you launch the app it will delete files you haven't opened in more than 3 days.

Scratch WP Beta
    Thanks, i downloaded it earlier, so many apps on my unit, I lose sight. Will check it out again.

Now that BT keyboard support is available via webOS 2.x, I plan on putting Scratch through its paces along with other possibilities. Stay tuned. {Jonathan}