Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree7Likes
    I had my pre- with 2.1 and with this intrunctions I managed to put the NAV again on pre-. I'm down to 1.4.5 on a new pre- but the old pre- 2.1 that I have has the NAV that I installed through here. It's not hard at all to do.
    Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    Got this up and running on my brand new frankenpre2. You guys rule!
    got my frankenpre up and running and installed the .ipk and phone stays stuck on main screen.. I save the .ipk file onto my phone via usb and opened/installed it through preware. I rebooted my phone and it stays stuck on the Sprint Navigation main page ( sprint logo Navigation v 2.8 on screen). I turned on Wi-Fi to see if that would help speed up the load but the app stays in that loading phase..
    This is awesome! Follow these directions after you do an upgrade to your Palm Pre 2 and you'll have Sprint Navigation once again! Thanks again. Where do I get Sprint TV now?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I was able to get this working by using quick install and the linux command line without much effort; if someone would like the sprintnav file then feel free to contact me. I will put details below:

-You will need an older veresion of webOS QuickInstall, which you can get HERE

1. Download SprintNav file HERE

2. Put your phone in Dev Mode, open up quick install, and send file to /media/internal

3. Open up the linux command and type the following command:

ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk -force-depends

4. Restart your phone. It should be there and working!
    My Favorites won't sync and show on the FrankenPre2 since some time ago, my favorites screen is blank. I can add new favorites but the favorites screen will remain blank but they will show on the PC. When I hit the sync button it stays on the "Syncing with Website" loading forever and never actually do it. Anyone has had this problem? How do I fix it?

PS: Recent Places are there but I can't see Favs, Received, anything inside My Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Also confirmed as working great and that personal data came back fully.

Saved addresses, recent addresses, and received addresses all import OTA once you sign in. (Before you do the conversion, make sure you hit the "sync" symbol in the lower right of the My Favorites or Recent Places to be sure all of the local data syncs up to the Telenav servers. Then it should come back down automatically once you log in with the new version)
    Last edited by neit_jnf; 10/24/2011 at 02:35 AM.
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Thanks for the tips!
    Just google the filename. Not difficult.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    For some reason when I install Sprint Nav to a Pre- running webOS 2.1, everything works but the NAV audio (there's no voice for turn-by-turn directions). My volume is up and all my other audio works just fine. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    DOES THIS WORK FOR A FRANKENPRE 2 on sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    DOES THIS WORK FOR A FRANKENPRE 2 on sprint?
    Yes.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    can someone pm me with sprint tv ipk and steps to install? thanks
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789