Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 172
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #141  
    how do i get the nova browser? how do i download that?
  2. #142  
    i finally got it...woo. now how do i start with flash?
  3. #143  
    Got Nav working on my Sprint Pre-. Easy as pie. Copied the file in usb mode and ran the linux command in wosqi.

    Works like a charm! Thanks to all those who helped figure this out!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4. #144  
    Works fine on my pre and my dad's pre. I would also like to know how to put flash on it :P
    Time to get VIRAL
  5. #145  
    Thanks so much for the detailed instructions - I was able to get Nav installed and up and running in just a few minutes. I use Nav all the time and was really missing it. Ya'll rock!!
  6. #146  
    Hey everybody... I finally got around to putting sprint nav on my pre- after using the meta doctor to upgrade to 2.1... just thought I would share my experience. I had already tried out the leaked version... and sprint nav was working on it, so I had already figured out I needed to pull the ipk out of the tar to install it. First bit of trouble was figuring out to force the dependencies... I wish I would have logged on and read this thread then, took me a while to figure out -force-depends... but THEN for some strange reason the blasted thing was returning a slew of read only errors. Anyone else having this problem needs to remount their pre after starting up novaterm to put the filesystem into read write mode... that was my problem. So I used mount -o remount,rw / to slap it into rw mode... after that installation of the ipk took about 2 seconds... just remember to put your filesystem back into read only mode when you are done... mount -o remount,ro /

    Thanks for the work... I wish I would have come looking sooner and saved myself 4 pounds of frustration with the dependencies.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by bluewanders; 03/31/2011 at 03:25 AM. Reason: spelling
  7. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #147  
    After installing 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre Minus, and installed the Sprint Nav software. I am now stuck on getting GPS errors. Working on getting a GPS fix using ##477#. So far, nothing yet. Any other solutions?

    Edit: Finally got a GPS fix after a bunch of tries and errors.
  8. #148  
    um, sprint nav was included when I doctored to 2.1. never had to manually install it
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    um, sprint nav was included when I doctored to 2.1. never had to manually install it
    Wha??

    I've been trying to find out if the 2.1 build that we put together several weeks back (I did mine about a month ago..) - is different from what ppl are using right now.

    If this is the case...seems safe to assume that it is at least a little different?

    I'm getting lots of lag...tried all the kernels...thinking of redoctoring using the newer stuff..

    Opinions?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  10. #150  
    well, I haven't put it to the test truly, but when I open it, everything loads up after entering my user info and it starts as if it's ready to receive my input just like it did every other time. I'll try it out today to see if it "navigates" and i'll give you a true update if it really works or not
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    well, I haven't put it to the test truly, but when I open it, everything loads up after entering my user info and it starts as if it's ready to receive my input just like it did every other time. I'll try it out today to see if it "navigates" and i'll give you a true update if it really works or not
    Yea when I did my build, it didn't even have the icon...so you're prolly good to go..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  12. #152  
    hi all,

    i am not a sprint user. is it possible to use sprint navigation without a sprint account?

    if i try to logon i got a registration failed error.

    best regards
    Sold
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by soldato2000 View Post
    hi all,

    i am not a sprint user. is it possible to use sprint navigation without a sprint account?

    if i try to logon i got a registration failed error.

    best regards
    Sold
    Not possible. You have to be on sprint network to use SprintNav. Maybe try the homebrew navigation app?
  14. #154  
    I've been a happy Sprint Nav user on my VZM Franken Pre 2 for about a month. The app works well and I would say is a bit more stable than the old version I had on my Pre-. There's one issue thou that is driving me nuts. After the nav is active and tracking the Pre's screen goes to sleep after a few minutes. You get the voice commands but the screen is dark until you poke the device to wake up the screen. Has anyone experienced the same behavior?

    Is there way to prevent the screen from going to sleep while the nav app is running?
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    I've been a happy Sprint Nav user on my VZM Franken Pre 2 for about a month. The app works well and I would say is a bit more stable than the old version I had on my Pre-. There's one issue thou that is driving me nuts. After the nav is active and tracking the Pre's screen goes to sleep after a few minutes. You get the voice commands but the screen is dark until you poke the device to wake up the screen. Has anyone experienced the same behavior?

    Is there way to prevent the screen from going to sleep while the nav app is running?
    Check in the preferences. There is an option to leave the screen on when the app is in use.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Check in the preferences. There is an option to leave the screen on when the app is in use.
    Indeed.

    I can't believe I missed that, "Backlight" - "Always On".

    Thanks!
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    Indeed.

    I can't believe I missed that, "Backlight" - "Always On".

    Thanks!
    Simple mistakes are the easiest to make. I'm glad you don't know some of the boneheaded things I've done with my phone!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  18. rcleapor's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #158  
    Got Nav on the phone , but it will not open. :0(
    goes to the first screen , but never opens.
  19. #159  
    If anyone would be willing to walk me through upgrading my Pre- to 2.1, adding Nav and Flash etc. - Please send me a message.
  20. #160  
    I'm still having issues. Doctored to Frankenpre 2 a few weeks ago, found a Sprint Nav from some outside source, but I think parts are missing.

    When I launch it, it starts up, asks for name, email, then when I try to sign in, it says:
    "An Exception Occurred. The Sprint Navigation Adapter experienced an exception: Object # has no method 'callService'"...

    Any ideas?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions