Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Ok so I finally got it installed after trouble that I can only assume meant I downloaded the wrong version .jar file...So using the *info* link above, it seems to be done correctly.

However, now I'm getting "Unable to connect to server" errors upon trying to run it. Any ideas?

EDIT: My bad...I had Wifi on...doh!
    Last edited by xBRIMSTON3x; 03/09/2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I keep holding off on upgrading but now that UberKernel and Nav are working. I think it is time. Are there any complete instructions for upgrading a Sprint Pre- that include the Sprint specific apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I keep holding off on upgrading but now that UberKernel and Nav are working. I think it is time. Are there any complete instructions for upgrading a Sprint Pre- that include the Sprint specific apps?
    The wiki is here:

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

..and I got all my apps back..including the sprint ones...cept the Nav..that I know of. Of course, I usually use the patches to remove Amazon, the football app?..and the other removable sprint apps..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    just a question. is there any reason why you couldnt take the dr. generated from the meta dr and insert this in the sprint tar folder before using the dr and have it install as part of the dr process? i am having a few issues with the nascar and football apps loading correctly. i plan on dr. to get my primary profile on and wonder if i could just do this and use all of the files including sprint nav when i do.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I seem to have done this correctly per instructions. Waiting on Pre to restart.

Edit:
    It works! I didnt know you literally meant a new version of the Sprint Nav. app! Cool!
    Last edited by H-Cubed; 03/11/2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    This worked perfectly. Thanks for the directions, the only thing holding me back from updating to WebOS 2 was the loss of my GPS... Problem Solved.
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    just a question. is there any reason why you couldnt take the dr. generated from the meta dr and insert this in the sprint tar folder before using the dr and have it install as part of the dr process? i am having a few issues with the nascar and football apps loading correctly. i plan on dr. to get my primary profile on and wonder if i could just do this and use all of the files including sprint nav when i do.
    thanks
    I was just thinking the same thing.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    thanks
    This was the way i was originally intending on doing it, never got around to it though because terminal was a lot easier than redoctoring.

I believe the newer doctors they have include all the original sprint apps, except for nav. It should work to copy and paste whatever 2.0.1 sprint apps you want into whatever folder they are putting these ipk's in.

Let us know if it works!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Would this procedure also work if you dont have the 2.0.1 leak, rather if you used the nav. from a 1.4.5 doctor?
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    i dont know that is the question. i do plan on trying it later tonite but its just a shot in the dark, hopefully it works.
    I wouldn't know a linux command if it bit me on the leg so I'm living proof that if you very carefully follow the instructions it'll work.
    dentz likes this.
    Instructions worked for me, but I had to mount and dismount read/write access to my phone before Sprint Navigation would install without reporting errors. After running,

Read & Write - mount -o rw,remount /

and then afterwards switched things back using

Read Only - mount -o ro,remount /

The install ipkg went in without problems. Thanks, Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I also installed the Amazon Music store using this method. I tested it and bought a song.

Same steps, just need to install the following instead of the nav.ipk:

amazonservice_1.1-7_armv7.ipk
    com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-73_armv7.ipk

I installed the amazonservice first then the amazon store.
    Just curious, did you install both the Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV update with these installs? My Pre minus 2.1 update auto installed and provided Sprint TV app probably included in webOS 1.4.5. Is the newer Sprint TV from 2.0.1 different then the one in 1.4.5?

Just curious if you have any insight? Thanks, Sorli...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    cant find the 2.01 leaked version all links closed. Does anyone have the extracted ipk file. This is the last piece for full successful conversion running flawless w/SR71 kernel and it flies!! Would love to have my NAV back.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    cant find the 2.01 leaked version all links closed. Does anyone have the extracted ipk file. This is the last piece for full successful conversion running flawless w/SR71 kernel and it flies!! Would love to have my NAV back.
    Have you read this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Check out this link for more information on the ipk file needed for Sprint Nav
    Confirmed, You can add the file to the sprint.tar and run it as part of the dr. i swapped all of the newer version sprint apps into the meta dr sprint.tar and just finished running it. every app opened and worked perfectly.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have the 2.01 file but I can not figure out how to extractv the file i have the sdk and all files but when i open 2.01 it asks to connect my pre for doctoring. What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have the file downloaded but when i run it says to plug in phone. I dont have to re-DR do I? I tried to do it in virtual machine but didnt connect. I dont understand how to extract the file from 2.01 download. ughh
    download 7zip. instead of just clicking on it to run you need to right click and open it with 7zip. it will open with winrar but you wont be able to add or delete things from the .tar file with it. once open with 7 zip just navigate to the sprint.tar and swap away.
  20. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Looking through the Sprint 2.0.1 tar file I see this one. Anybody know what it is? Kinda big at 11.6mb

default-content_1.0.0-19_armv7.ipk
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.