Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    It's not on the FTP site anymore. HP took it down and removed everything from there since the login credentials were leaked. If you Google around, you can find some crazy Chinese file hosting site that it is at. That's where I got it.
    I found a U.S. link to DropBox which has it. That's where I got it, and much quicker download. Follow the procedure from the OP, and it works great!
    I also installed the Amazon Music store using this method. I tested it and bought a song.

Same steps, just need to install the following instead of the nav.ipk:

amazonservice_1.1-7_armv7.ipk
    com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-73_armv7.ipk

I installed the amazonservice first then the amazon store.
    Can anyone confirm if the provisioner works using this method for PRL?
    It doesn't.
    I got the ipk to install with the orig posters method. I have the icon & it launche, but can't test it since I got it on a wifi only metadoc. If the prl gets fixed I will put 2.1 on my main sprint device. Thx!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I got the ipk to install with the orig posters method. I have the icon & it launche, but can't test it since I got it on a wifi only metadoc. If the prl gets fixed I will put 2.1 on my main sprint device. Thx!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I feel you on the PRL thing...when they get that working, it'll be pretty had to not do the 2.1.0 jump. Sprint Nav was the other thing holding me back, but it sounds like that isn't an issue anymore. Can anyone confirm that it not only installs but a.) actually works and b.) correctly imports all your saved addresses, history, etc?
  7.    #67  
    It does actually work. No, it did not import saved addresses or history for me.

It would be nice to get the PRL thing working.. Does it work for people running 2.0.1?
    It actually works for me too. It also imported the saved addresses and history. It's legit.
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    I feel you on the PRL thing...when they get that working, it'll be pretty had to not do the 2.1.0 jump. Sprint Nav was the other thing holding me back, but it sounds like that isn't an issue anymore. Can anyone confirm that it not only installs but a.) actually works and b.) correctly imports all your saved addresses, history, etc?
    Also confirmed as working great and that personal data came back fully.

Saved addresses, recent addresses, and received addresses all import OTA once you sign in. (Before you do the conversion, make sure you hit the "sync" symbol in the lower right of the My Favorites or Recent Places to be sure all of the local data syncs up to the Telenav servers. Then it should come back down automatically once you log in with the new version)
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Also confirmed as working great and that personal data came back fully.

Saved addresses, recent addresses, and received addresses all import OTA once you sign in. (Before you do the conversion, make sure you hit the "sync" symbol in the lower right of the My Favorites or Recent Places to be sure all of the local data syncs up to the Telenav servers. Then it should come back down automatically once you log in with the new version)
    ah yes, i never did that.
    How big of a problem is the PRL thing? I used to update it once in a while, like every couple of months when I remembered, but I wouldn't notice much of a difference in call quality or reception (in the hampton roads area). Is it a bigger problem if you travel or something? Is that why people are hesitating?
    In case anyone is interested the ypmobile app from the ATT 1.4.5 doctor(you need both ipkgs) works and even successfully sends addresses to sprint nav on my pre 2... i use it as a google maps alternative, its a great app.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Awesome work. I am also a lifetime Telenav subscriber. Getting Nav to work on 2.1 was a prerequisite for me to move off of 1.4.5.

thanks,
    Scott
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darksine View Post
    How big of a problem is the PRL thing? I used to update it once in a while, like every couple of months when I remembered, but I wouldn't notice much of a difference in call quality or reception (in the hampton roads area). Is it a bigger problem if you travel or something? Is that why people are hesitating?
    Same here. If this isnt that big a deal I may jump on the 2.1 this week, maybe tonight.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I did this last night and had no problems. Screwed something up with the flash install so I redoctored. Now when I run the command in terminal, I get a bunch of read only and directory not found errors.
    all installed sprint nav even ported over history, and ported over amazon all running perfect on webos 2.1 sprint pre plus.
    Y'all rock. I've got this working out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd View Post
    I did this last night and had no problems. Screwed something up with the flash install so I redoctored. Now when I run the command in terminal, I get a bunch of read only and directory not found errors.
    ARGH! Me too! I knew I shouldn't have messed with a good thing! I wonder if it because the phone is still downloading my purchased apps....

EDIT: Turned on Developer Mode and rebooted and install went smoothly. Phew!
    Last edited by emair; 03/08/2011 at 08:45 PM.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Followed the instruction and pasted the following into WOSQI 3.x Commandline tool.

Code:
    ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk -force-depends
    Result: SUCCESS!

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd View Post
    You might try getting into bootie mode..and/or redoctoring to a previous version first..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.