Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I wonder if Sprint Nav will work on a VZW Pre.......
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Interesting thought! Do you dare to try it? You would have a nice free navi on the verizon phone! :-)
    My understanding is that Sprint's navigation is licensed through TeleNav. I suspect it's not going to work.
    Check out this link for more information on the ipk file needed for Sprint Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I wonder if Sprint Nav will work on a VZW Pre.......
    From what I recall with other Sprint phones I've had (before nav was included), the software checks server-side to see if you're using an activated Sprint device/account and bills you accordingly (when applicable). So the TeleNav software likely doesn't work cross-carrier. /twocents

Actuallly, I thought the VZW and AT&T versions were also by TeleNav?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Dumb question but I finally got my Pre to 2.1 and I'm tired of searching and reading. If I'm using the USB method with Windows 7, where am I supposed to put the file?
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Dumb question but I finally got my Pre to 2.1 and I'm tired of searching and reading. If I'm using the USB method with Windows 7, where am I supposed to put the file?
    As soon as you open the pre icon, drop it right in! :-) (main directory or root)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Check out this link for more information on the ipk file needed for Sprint Nav
    Jesus, thank you. No idea how I overlooked this post.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    This is awesome! Thanks for working on this, my 2.1 Pre- just got even better.

Now all I need is for someone to figure out how to get the PRL to update using the files from the 2.0.1 doctor.
    Last edited by hjime223; 03/04/2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I like the purple maps.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Greetings folks... had this working flawlessly before on my VZW Pre+, but can't seem to get it working on my Pre2 now. I purchased a lifetime Telenav several phones back and have been successful keeping that going every time I've upgraded.

Using all the right files from the 2.01 doctor, I'm getting:

"Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for com.telenav.sprintnavigation: luna-service2 (>=2.0.0)"

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I am unable to get this installed. I am using wosqi 3.* through Linux command line and can't seem to get this installed. Here is what shows:

root@palm-webos-device: ipkg install /media/internal/com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk -force-depends

ipkg: Invalid magic

any ideas?
    I did the USB method and keep getting the same message. It says: Exception Occurred: the sprint navigation adapter experienced an exception: Object # has no method 'callservice'
    what should I do to fix this?
    any help or suggestions?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I was able to get this installed. I used Nova-Browser to place the file in the default folder and then ran the Linux Command from wosqi and it installed from there. I must have done something wrong with placing it into the /media/internal folder. Now have Sprint Nav on pre- 2.1.0.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Tried this again -

1. Rebooted phone
    2. Launched WebOSQuickInstall-4.04.jar
    3. Renamed file "com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.1-86_armv7.ipk" to NAV.ipk (renamed to make the following steps easier)
    4. Installed file to /media/internal
    5. launched novaterm, connected to phone
    6. from root "ipkg install /media/internal/NAV.ipk -force-depends"
    7. Received same luna-services2 dependencies error, ignored
    8. Reboot phone
    9. SPRINT NAV ICON IS THERE... AND WORKS!!!

Note -- I have aTelenav lifetime subscription and my phone# is already in my telenav account, so as far as they are concerned, I'm a paid customer. I bought that when I had a Sprint Blackberry several years ago and Telenav has migrated with me (automatically when I change phones, and with a phone call when I moved carriers).
    Just wanted to post my experience in getting SprintNav working since I hadn't seen anyone else report the problems I had... All of the following was on a Sprint (Franken)Palm Pre+.

I'm not a big Linux guy and this was my first time using novaterm, but I'm fairly tech savvy. The first 3-5 times I followed the exact instructions in the OP, I got a long list of errors due to the ipk being unable to "write" to the drive. I can't remember the exact errors but it was a long long list of errors basically related to the problem that the partition could not be written to. By going to the target directories, I could tell that the folders and files were not created by the ipk install.

After some investigation, I found the mount code to mount the drive as read/write. I don't know why this would only happen to me. Other items of note and my process to get it working (which I eventually did)

• I was in Dev Mode
    • I connected via Novaterm to localhost
    • The prompt showed root@mypalmusername's Palm Pre:#
    • I think I typed su which changed the prompt to: root@mypalmusername's Palm Pre:/var/home/root#
    • Then I put in the code to mount the partition as rw -- (I don't remember this exactly, but I'm happy to look it up and put it here if others' have had this issue)
    • ran the ipkg install command from the first post and the install went perfectly. A reboot later and it was working as expected.

Edit -- by the way, in re-reading my own words, I'm wondering if the fact that I was working from :/# instead of /var/home/root# might have been my issue so that my mount as rw wasn't actually necessary. I don't know so any advice for the future would be helpful. Thanks.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 03/05/2011 at 01:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    yeah the -force-depends works!!! woot woot! sprint pre+ 2.1
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    success with the quick install linux commandline. Thanks guys!
    Sprint Nav is confirmed to be working in the meta-doctored 2.1.0 for Sprint Pre (Minus) using the ipk from the Sprint 2.0.1 Beta aka "Leaked"

Please only attempt this if you have legit access to the beta WebOS doctor.
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    SprintNav works! Provisioner does not help with PRL updates though...
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast