Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    All these people walking around with Pre2's, fancy new hardware and I can't do a damn thing cuz I'm on the Android Network (Sprint) >=(
    Is the phone nice? Is it better than the original pre/pre plus in every way?
    Any faults?
    "Don't think, feel." - Bruce Lee
    @Kuffo

Don't feel bad .. all Platforms are very very nice

The palm - and the palm + have new love with webos 2.1 eventually there will be some patches for it .. also eventually a kernel that will allow us to overclock to 1ghz like the pre2.. don't give up hope

You can switch over anytime
    Last edited by josefcbailey; 02/26/2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Wording
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I hope so, just kinda peeved that sprint passes anything up without wimax and android. In turn new nice webos phones.
    "Don't think, feel." - Bruce Lee
    You and me both. I toyed with one at a VZW store the other day, and felt all the greener with envy. Very much recommend checking your nearest corporate VZ store to see what we're missing.

It's not even so much the new software as it is the snappiness and sturdiness of the new hardware. Sigh.
    I moved from a Pre(-) to Pre2 and the difference is night and day.

The hardware is immaculate. I don't use any case or protective shield on it at all because it's really just very sturdy.

But more than the hardware feel - the speed difference in using the phone is HUGE. My pre- with 1GHz feels like a an absolute tractor compared to my new ferrari.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Do a comm. board swap to get a Pre 2 on Sprint! Works like a top!
    I was really wanting to wait for the Pre 3 to be released before giving up my overclocked Pre Plus. Yet, I made the move to the Pre 2 and boy am I happy about it. Its a sweet / solid phone.

ET

PS: The only thing is the patch community kind of died. The number of patches for WebOS 2.0.1 is very limited compared to the legacy phones and earlier WebOS versions.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Wouldn't you regret going with the Pre2 once the Pre3 arrives "this summer" and be locked into contract for 12-24 months? Seems like the Pre2 was slated for release last year, didn't happen due to whatever reasons, and is now being released as a stopgap until the Pre3, veer, and any other new hardware hits in 2011.
    I used to believe in HP
    or it could be for people that like the size and don't have *****, oops I mean screen envy.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Well I plan on testing out the HTC Arrive on Sprint soon. Hopefully it lives up to the hype, if not I will promptly return back to WebOS
    I fail too see how this fits this thread at all?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I will check out my nearest verizon. I wanna check that baby out. I hope I don't die from the awesome powah!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Do a comm. board swap to get a Pre 2 on Sprint! Works like a top!
    btw, is it hard to comm board swap? I have an extra pre lying around and if I can do this then I'll hop on it! I'm afraid to ruin that pre and the new pre 2 if I mess up
    Last edited by Kuffo; 02/26/2011 at 09:23 PM.
    there is a thread lol. Yes it's fairly complicated.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I fail too see how this fits this thread at all?
    Well just realized that I wrote this in the wrong thread. I had 2 windows up at work earlier today... oh well...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    PS: The only thing is the patch community kind of died. The number of patches for WebOS 2.0.1 is very limited compared to the legacy phones and earlier WebOS versions.
    The patch community hasn't died at all. First, you have to ask yourself if you really need some patches on Pre 2 with webOS 2.0. New features in 2.0, combined with the Pre 2 hardware, have made many patches obsolete.

Then, from the patches that are available you'll see a lot of useful patches, even some Pre 2 only patches or patches that work best on the Pre 2/webOS 2.0.

Finally, a lot of devs are waiting for the NDA to be lifted on 2.0 to release their updates (such as the Internalz app and the camera flashlight patch).

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I was jealous of Pre2 at first, but then I got 2.1 on my Pre- so I am slightly less jealous!
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I've had every single webOS device and I have to say, the Pre 2 is perhaps one of the most underrated phones on the market today.

The keyboard is fantastic, the screen is the same as all other Pre's but it now has glass. Frankly the Pre 2 looks like a slider iPhone 3G(S) when the screen is off. There a nice touch with the glass screen, unlike the previous Pre's the entire exterior except for the glass on the screen has a rubbery-touchstone back type material and there's a lip around the glass screen to protect it when it falls.

The camera spec bump isn't huge, but it does make a difference. I noticed in some videos I've taken that you can make out letters and stuff when before you couldn't.

The phone also feels physically lighter.

webOS 2.0.1 on the Pre 2 boots up in just over a minute, making battery swaps really painless and overall webOS 2.0.1 is really a huge improvement, although it has its bugs. Oh, and did I mention GPS works now too?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I agree the phone is fantastic, the timing is just wrong. Verizon should have launched the phone in December.

Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I've had every single webOS device and I have to say, the Pre 2 is perhaps one of the most underrated phones on the market today.

The keyboard is fantastic, the screen is the same as all other Pre's but it now has glass. Frankly the Pre 2 looks like a slider iPhone 3G(S) when the screen is off. There a nice touch with the glass screen, unlike the previous Pre's the entire exterior except for the glass on the screen has a rubbery-touchstone back type material and there's a lip around the glass screen to protect it when it falls.

The camera spec bump isn't huge, but it does make a difference. I noticed in some videos I've taken that you can make out letters and stuff when before you couldn't.

The phone also feels physically lighter.

webOS 2.0.1 on the Pre 2 boots up in just over a minute, making battery swaps really painless and overall webOS 2.0.1 is really a huge improvement, although it has its bugs. Oh, and did I mention GPS works now too?
    The Pre 2 actually feels heavier than the Pre- to me.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I only wish Palm didn't drop the ball on the hardware side. Imagine everything we would have now. :/ that's life I guess.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast