Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. keeb119's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sj4231 View Post
    Wouldn't you regret going with the Pre2 once the Pre3 arrives "this summer" and be locked into contract for 12-24 months? Seems like the Pre2 was slated for release last year, didn't happen due to whatever reasons, and is now being released as a stopgap until the Pre3, veer, and any other new hardware hits in 2011.
    i bought one last week off contract, my plus had a crack in the screen emanating from the usb door. but if the pre3 comes to verizon i will use my upgrade for that. and i shall have a device to play around with w/o having to worry about frying it.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    I'm so jealous of Pre2 owners! >=p
    All these people walking around with Pre2's, fancy new hardware and I can't do a damn thing cuz I'm on the Android Network (Sprint) >=(
    Is the phone nice? Is it better than the original pre/pre plus in every way?
    Any faults?
    This is a cruel joke, right? Are you making fun of us who bought into the crappy Pre 2 and gave up our perfectly, wonderfully, working Pre+s? This is it, now I am officially mad. After the jokers at HP/Palm provided an upgrade path for the Pre+ to webOS 2.1.0, while HP's latest, greatest, flagship Pre 2, is still stuck with the alpha version of webOS, ie. webOS 2.0.1, the last thing I needed was for someone to rub salt in my wounds.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    This is a cruel joke, right? Are you making fun of us who bought into the crappy Pre 2 and gave up our perfectly, wonderfully, working Pre+s? This is it, now I am officially mad. After the jokers at HP/Palm provided an upgrade path for the Pre+ to webOS 2.1.0, while HP's latest, greatest, flagship Pre 2, is still stuck with the alpha version of webOS, ie. webOS 2.0.1, the last thing I needed was for someone to rub salt in my wounds.
    Uh... no I think he was perfectly serious. What is it that you do not like about your Pre2 vs. the 1.4.5 Pre Plus.

    As for 2.1.0 vs. 2.0.1 - what is the great advantage you see so far?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb119 View Post
    i bought one last week off contract, my plus had a crack in the screen emanating from the usb door. but if the pre3 comes to verizon i will use my upgrade for that. and i shall have a device to play around with w/o having to worry about frying it.
    I'm thinking about the opposite. Verizon is rumored to be requiring tiered data plans sometime this summer, so I figure I'll use my upgrade now, and buy the pre3 off contract this summer (probably give the wife my pre2 at that point)
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Uh... no I think he was perfectly serious. What is it that you do not like about your Pre2 vs. the 1.4.5 Pre Plus.

    As for 2.1.0 vs. 2.0.1 - what is the great advantage you see so far?
    I know the OP was "perfectly serious", I suppose the sarcasm in my post did not come thru clearly enough. Anyhow, my personal experience with the Pre 2 has been nothing but BAD. The build quality of my Pre + was by far superior to the Pre 2. In fact, even the performance of my 'overclocked' Pre + at 1Ghz, was actually much better than the Pre 2. As for webOS 2.0.1, the less said the better. Things that worked perfectly fine in webOS 1.4.5 do not work in webOS 2.0.1. Instead of adding the wonderful functionality of the homebrew patches, HP spent their time and resources on re-inventing the wheel for even the most basic functions of the phone, such as the apps 'phone dialler', 'call log', 'messaging' etc. These are appsthat worked perfectly fine and had a complete set of workign functionalities courtesy the homebrew community. But, HP had to totally screw these up too. Not to mention the pathetically lame launcher in webOS 2.0.1 that cannot even be patched anymore to fix it. I could actually go on and on for there is really a whole lot wrong with webOS 2.0.1, but what is the point. It's not like HP actually cares.

    Regarding the 2.1.0 vs 2.0.1, my only reason for looking forward to it is with the hope that atleast some of the bugs will have been worked out in 2.1.0.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    I agree the phone is fantastic, the timing is just wrong. Verizon should have launched the phone in December.
    Yeah bad timing - the late Verizon launch is keeping the rest of us Pre 2 owners from getting an OTA update to 2.1 anytime soon.

    The Pre 2 is smooth and the hardware is more solid and well-made than the Plus. Check out the threads over in the Pre 2 forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions