Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there any way to record a phone conversation with the original Sprint Pre? Using the speaker phone or putting a mic in my ear will not work.

Edit: Posted in wrong forum, sorry!
    Nope, sorry!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    An easy alternative is to just use Google Voice. Tap 4 on the virtual keypad during a call with your GV number and it'll start recording.
  4.    #4  
    It's my understanding that Gogle Voice only permits the recording of inbound calls. Is that correct? I need to record mostly outbound calls.
    Unfortunately, that's correct.
  6.    #6  
    That's what I thought. Does GV make beeps or something while recording incoming calls?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    No, but there is an announcement that the call is being recorded.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    yes it is. Use bluetooth to connect to your computer, then record the convorsation from there.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    yes it is. Use bluetooth to connect to your computer, then record the convorsation from there.
    Could you please say more about this method?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Could you please say more about this method?

First, you need bluetooth on your computer. Then on your phone, search for a new bluetooth device, and select your computer. It should ask for a passkey, just type the same thing on your phone and on your computer. This will pair them. Now, when you get a call, the audio will go through your computer. You might have to tap the speakerphone button when you're on the call and select the bluetooth option to send the audio over bluetooth.

Once you get that working, then you can use recording software. To get it to record your mic as well, it really depends on what you are using.

are you running windows, mac, somethign else?
  11.    #11  
    Thanks, pomokey! This is a great idea; however, I like using a bluetooth headset and walking around when I'm on the phone. Is there any way for me to have it all? I'm running Windows 7.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Thanks, pomokey! This is a great idea; however, I like using a bluetooth headset and walking around when I'm on the phone. Is there any way for me to have it all? I'm running Windows 7.
    using both, I don't know.... but a few things you will need to do.

first, when you record you will want to select 'stereo mix' - right click on the speaker icon, recording devices, select stereo mix, hit set default.

Then, to make your voice show up in the recording as well, you need to turn listening for your mic on. double click on your mic in the same window, go to listen, check 'listen to this device' You will now hear an echo of yourself, which might take a bit to get used to.

The last thing you might need to do is adjust the levels for 'stereo mix'. just double click on stereo mix, and go to levels, and adjust them until it sounds good when you are recording.
    google voice should work. Google voice has to call you thus making your outgoing call an incoming call.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Cute
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    google voice should work. Google voice has to call you thus making your outgoing call an incoming call.
    I thought the same thing until I read this:

https://www.google.com/support/voice...&answer=115082
    won't zcorder record audio from any open app?
  17.    #18  
    Yes, anything but the phone app, unfortunately!
    Windows mobile and Nokia phones could do this perfectly. Newer OS's have problems though.

Android can kinda do it. I have only found apps that record the other person, not your side of the conversation.

Maybe on a jailbroken iphone...

The most advanced phone that can do it well is the Meizu M9 (Chinese phone, with custom android)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    can't you output through headphone jack to the Aux In on your PC and just use Audacity?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast