Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Had mine since January 7th 2010. Other than a slight oreo(not bad at all), it is in pretty darn good shape. Been dropped numerous times and has rock chips on all sides and one on the screen, but still good.
    My Pre is now 16 moths old and still, basically, in good shape. Power- and Volume buttons are getting weak now, so I change volume just by holding it or it powers down in my pocket.
    I think, it will last the two years, I expected. So, its OK.
    mine is great, although it is my 9th replacement!!!!

Go sprint service center, you make it possible for me to stay with what I love!
    Mine's so bad it should be in detention
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    my Day1 Sprint Pre (-) is on its last leg . . cracks, button prob's mentioned above are prevalent . . . I'm limping to the new Pre/finish line ~
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I have had a Invisible Shield on my June of 09 Pre, no scratches or cracks.
    Any trouble with the shield starting to peel on the edges? I have had an Invisible Shield on my Pre ever since I got it, but after a year and a half it is starting to peel off (mostly on top of the phone). I'm debating whether to get it replaced or just go commando for the rest of my phone's lifespan.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWin View Post
    Any trouble with the shield starting to peel on the edges? I have had an Invisible Shield on my Pre ever since I got it, but after a year and a half it is starting to peel off (mostly on top of the phone). I'm debating whether to get it replaced or just go commando for the rest of my phone's lifespan.
    For a $5 S&H fee you can get a new one from Zagg. Not sure on what time period their warranty coverage is for exactly, but I do know if you explain to them that it's coming off or already come off, they will send you a replacement.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    My touchscreen stopped responding when charged. Got a free replacement from Sprint and overclocked it so I'm good til summer. When I was getting my replacement Pre a guy walked in and talked to a Sprint Rep about His Pre. I overheard him telling her that he basically had the same problem my Pre had...she told him to call Asurion...so I lucked out
    chipped off on left side, scratches on screen, back plate is cracked, right side cracked, ear phone not working (using bluetooth headset for all calls!) and it just turned 1!!
    I got mine used from eBay and have been using it for about 5 months. There's some plastic chipped off the top, and the silver has flaked a bit off the earpiece and completely off the round button. It's got a slight oreo, too. All those were from the previous owner.

Shortly after I started using it, the power button lost its clickiness, but I fixed that with a piece of rubber band. The USB flap is mostly intact, but will completely detach if I pull on it. Not really a problem since I got my touchstone, though.
    Still on my Orig. Pre since Oct.09. But cracks are forming on my screen. And 3/4 from the top,1/4 in on the right are the only sections that work on my touchscreen. So I can only use apps where the ecceloramiter comes into play. Pritty frustrating.Summer can't come soon enough.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Mine is a year old, and if I peeled off the Zagg Shield and put it back in its box, I could sell it as new.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWin View Post
    The only peeling I've had has been on the little tabs that sick around the corners. I've trimmed them a little so they don't keep peeling, and no problems. I do have a scratch in the shield, and I have a spare, but I have been afraid to peel the old one at this point since it works so well otherwise, and I am afraid of cracking the face if it sticks too much while peeling.
    Had mine since October 13, 2009. Still working flawlessly even though I dropped it in water once and had to rice-dry it.

<edit> no, wait: the silver ring around the camera came off at some point. That's it though.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    This is my second Pre, a replacement in August, 2009. I've dropped it a couple of times. The USB door is gone, a crack in the side and turns off every once in a while. Other than that, it is doing very well. Sound and screen is great. I don't use a screen protector and all buttons still work too.
    Palm for life
    IIIx...TE...TX...Pre

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I'm just curious how all of you deal with the horrendous battery life and low resolution screen.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Low resolution screen? You mean the same resolution as the iPhone model from the same year?

Summer 2009. Newly released Palm Pre: 3.1" and 320x480 pixels
    Summer 2009. Newly released iPhone 3GS: 3.5" and 320x480 pixels

The iPhone had a larger screen, but only the same resolution.

Oh, I get it, you are just trolling.
    Last edited by LurkerX; 03/01/2011 at 07:04 PM.
    My 2009 Pre is still doing ok. My power button is getting a bit lower, but the rest is fine. Good screen, still have USB cover. Still runs fine. Never used the stock Pre battery though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Low resolution screen? You mean the same resolution as the iPhone model from the same year?

Summer 2009. Newly released Palm Pre: 3.1" and 320x480 pixels
    Summer 2009. Newly released iPhone 3GS: 3.5" and 320x480 pixels

The iPhone had a larger screen, but only the same resolution.

Oh, I get it, you are just trolling.
    This is true and with having a bigger screen with the same resolution, this would make the Pre have the better screen out of the two!!!!!!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    I'm just curious how all of you deal with the horrendous battery life and low resolution screen.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Battery life? My buddy has an iphone4 and he is charging his every 10 to 12 hours. I can get up to 48 hours on a charge from my Pre- and probably even more if I really wanted to!!!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast