Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Since I installed 2.1 on my Pre Plus my GPS has been spot on. Before it was off by at least a mile. Is anybody else having the same thing happen. It was either VZ navigator holding it back or 1.4.5 but I am not having any issues now.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I have to agree, though I only opened maps once or twice.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Perhaps we now know why we don't have a 2.1 update available from Verizon?
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Can someone send me a PM directing me to the best resource to get 2.1 on my VZW Pre Plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Can someone send me a PM directing me to the best resource to get 2.1 on my VZW Pre Plus?
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

You need to know programming code in order to do this.

I'll wait until it's available via Preware.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Read through it. Yeah....not really my thing yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

You need to know programming code in order to do this.

I'll wait until it's available via Preware.
    Doesn't seem like it will ever be available via preware. My understanding is that it is permissible to modify those files, but not to distribute modified versions. So you can be directed in how to do it, but someone can't give you it pre-packaged.
    Maybe for now. But with the way HP has been trying to treat the homebrewers it might be permitted later one after it's had time to have bugs worked out.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I'm not going to risk my palm profile like this. However, I contacted Verizon and they seem to be willing to give me a new device, so I hopefully will be able to get a Pre 2 from them. If not, I'll hold on to my pre plus for a while longer (its a shame HP development Pre 2's are gsm only, so any dev unit wouldn't be usable for personal use).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Back to the OP: Anyone else care to weigh in on whether the GPS is better with 2.1 on Verizon Pre+?
    The GPS in my Pre is working quote well
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Mine doesn't seem any better. It still fails every single ##477# "Get Fix" test that I run. Google Maps also only gets a location when I have Locate Me Using --> Google Services enabled.
    I've had Pre Plus about a year, recently gps stopped working. I tried every fix. Finally Verizon sent me a new phone, said it must be a hardware issue. Brand new refurbished phone, gps doesnt work. I called tech support again. Different answer this time, u need to use Verizon Navigator. Bullcrap. They say it's a google issue and they won't do anything for me now except suggest I buy a new phone or use V Navi. I really like this phone except for this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    I'm not going to risk my palm profile like this. However, I contacted Verizon and they seem to be willing to give me a new device, so I hopefully will be able to get a Pre 2 from them. If not, I'll hold on to my pre plus for a while longer (its a shame HP development Pre 2's are gsm only, so any dev unit wouldn't be usable for personal use).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It's not like your Palm Profile holds that much information. Without backups, it really only seems to hold your e-mail, password, credit card info, what version you're running, your number, what apps you've downloaded (purchased), and your name. Sure a few other minor details, but in the memos app, you can now e-mail memos. And my contacts + calendar are synced with Google, facebook, and exchange.

Other than that, if you're going to erase your backups anyways, why not upgrade to 2.1 if you can manage it? It's relatively risk-free, and it works fairly well on my Pre Plus.
    2.1 vzw Pre+ here and the GPS works perfectly for all apps so far, as long as I have locate me using Google Services turned on. This was not the case on 1.4.5...To the one who wanted to know about the upgrade, webosworld should soon be offering a pay service to do it for people, but it will never be distributed by Preware. It is not open source code and thus not free to be redistributed by any other than HP. It is as simple as downloading a few files and running a couple commands(this is not programming), aside from the whole desktop Linux thing. That's also simple to set up, you can easily run it off a CD or flash drive to accomplish this.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    I went on a trip about 50 minutes away from my house wednesday.. I had all location services turned on.. gps was working fine until I got to the city of my destination. Couldn't get a lock for crap. I didn't have VZNav installed, so I couldn't open it to see if I got a lock. But honestly, I was moving around the whole damn city and the lock never changed. Cost me 30 minutes trying to figure out where I was.

I finally figured out that I could enter an intersection of where I was and have G-Maps do a map out the way to my destination.. and I had to track it manually.. it worked and I advise anyone with this phone to learn how to do that. It would've saved me a half an hour had I realized I could do that.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06