Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    when someone posts images on here I choose the email attachment option. oi then go to my email and open the jpg and I get the error "cant find application to open the file". Anyone kno w what is wrong?
  2.    #2  
    and I also used the download link and when I try to open it says the file format is not supported
  3. #3  
    There should be a way to make the file "Save As" or a tweak that will let us save any kind of email attachment in our phone. Yah?
  4. #4  
    I can't remember if my Pre let me save and view them or if it was a patch I added.

    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  5. #5  
    No, it doesn't appear to be a patch.

    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6. #6  
    All you have to do is instead of selecting the attachment... scroll to the bottom of the email and you will see the image. Click that image and choose 'save to photos'. voilą!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/26/2011 at 03:56 AM.
  7. #7  
    I just opened up a 1gb .jpg file. Anything unusual about the attachments, like extra huge file size, extra strong compression, etc? Here is the jpg I just opened. Email it to yourself and see if you can open it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    All you have to do is instead of selecting the attachment... scroll to the bottom of the email and you will see the image. Click that image and choose 'save to photos'. voilą!
    This method always has worked for me including the 2 pics above.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/26/2011 at 03:56 AM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    All you have to do is instead of selecting the attachment... scroll to the bottom of the email and you will see the image. Click that image and choose 'save to photos'. Viola!
    Damn it!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viola

    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Damn it!

    Viola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Freak out over nothing much? Yes, verwon... sometimes people make typos when they are working and posting. I corrected it just for you.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    There should be a way to make the file "Save As" or a tweak that will let us save any kind of email attachment in our phone. Yah?
    Jason released a patch last week that puts all attachments in a folder on the media drive.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I just opened up a 1gb .jpg file. Anything unusual about the attachments, like extra huge file size, extra strong compression, etc? Here is the jpg I just opened. Email it to yourself and see if you can open it...
    thanks this works! Never thoight to just scroll down, strange how I still get the error message though
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Damn it!

    Viola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    I am confused, what is this viola crap???
  14. #14  
    my brother sends me pics from his blackberry all the time, and I get the same error in the OP. If I scroll down to the bottom of the email, as hellonewmannnnnnnnn stated, I dont see the picture.

    I will search for Jason's patch to see if it remedies. I have noticed that pictures with unusually long names dont open, whereas shorter names do. Is that a known fact? Or just a coincidence.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    I am confused, what is this viola
    Voilą is french for "look there!".

    A viola is a stringed instrument, similar to a violin, but slightly larger.

    verwon was just pointing out the mix-up.

Posting Permissions