1. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Any1 in the DC area with the skillz, knowledge and expertise to take a Pre (-) to webOS 2.X ? If you are willing to xfer mine over to the 2.0 pls PM me.

Thankx in advance~
    Check out the wiki link in the webos internals developer forum in the big thread about 2.1.

They've got step by step instructions, and they've even posted a youtube video. It's not difficult at all, you just have to be willing to read the instructions.

If you're willing to wait, there may be an easier way to do it if they repackage the entire thing. I'm not sure if there are plans for that or not, and to be honest the way they have it posted now is not difficult. The hardest part is downloading all the programs/files needed...
    the OP can take the train up to NYC on the 24th and there will be a room full of top developers...
  4. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Great instructions for sure . . . I just don't trust my skillset to make it happen. HomeBrewing is about to the extent of my abilities so that's why I'm inquiring~
    i live in dc and i do that kinda stuff but until i know that the bugs are taken care of i don't to risk it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    Great instructions for sure . . . I just don't trust my skillset to make it happen. HomeBrewing is about to the extent of my abilities so that's why I'm inquiring~
    hah i hear you

if you can download and install the ubunto emulator (do option two in the instructions) thats about as difficult as it gets

that being said, i'm in the DC area, and may be able to help you out. try the instructions up to the point where you install the doctor (don't actually install it), and let us know how that goes. from there its literally running a command line with the right information (also provided)
  7. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    @balla . . good counsel; I'll prolly wait a bit longer as well @tshile --- appreciate the vote of confidence --- I'll study a bit longer, but might try to contact you to help out.

Not sure the risk is worth having the extra features ??? Every1 seems to be doing it, so it must be
    it's something new, not supported by hp. They just made these. Not to say anything bad about the webos internals team, but these things have bugs/issues that take time to not only fix but to actually find.

you do it at your own risk... Its wise to let others do the first round of testing if you can

Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    @balla . . good counsel; I'll prolly wait a bit longer as well @tshile --- appreciate the vote of confidence --- I'll study a bit longer, but might try to contact you to help out.

Not sure the risk is worth having the extra features ??? Every1 seems to be doing it, so it must be