1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I have successfully updated my O2 Pre Plus to 2.1 using the official MetaDoctor and running it right now. However, I had to create a new profile since the old one keep giving me an error while I tried to restore it. I have read bits here and there that generally has two opinions:

1. That this is not available and new profile needs to be created.
    2. That it is possible and there is a work around.

Can anyone point me to the right direction if there is a way to restore the information from my original profile. Thanks in advance.
    There is a running thread that rwhitby is running. I'm sure you can find the answers or get help. But yes, it is possible to sign in with your old profile. All I will say is that if you receiving that message, then you did not do everything correctly :-D

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    you can back and flash your Pre with WebOS 1.4.5 and from there turn off your Backup. then flash back to WebOS 2.1 and your old profile will restore but with apps u purchased and install, other data will be lost.
    i recommend to backup your old profile manulally when u on 1.4.5 .. contacts can be exported, memos can be emailed, msgs and other phone data can be exported using PreBackupUtility app. then rstore what you want into webos 2.1.
    PreBackupUtility app can not restore the contacts or memos .
    Hp dosen't give a availabale restore Utility.
    why should the apps be gone? It's still your palm profile isn't it? If you turn off backups in 2.1 and return to 1.4.5 you still lose apps?