1.    #1  
    i have palm pre i can't send msg more then 160 characters but i can revcive msgs more the 160 charcters fine...please help me guys what to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad30 View Post
    i have palm pre i can't send msg more then 160 characters but i can revcive msgs more the 160 charcters fine...please help me guys what to do?
    What is happenning more specifically when you reach that? Technically 140 characters is the usual limit for a single text, so that's weird that it is happenning.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  3.    #3  
    in my country its limt is 160...when i write a msg its fine i can write a txt msg more then 160 charctr but when i try to send the error is...the messge that you have enterd is larger then the allowd size
    the reason you can't send a text message more than 160 characters is because your limit is 160 characters.

if you need to send more you'll have to create an aditional text message.

if i'm not understanding your question let me know.
  5.    #5  
    in other phones like nokia i can send msgz more then 160 charctrs...it jusg marg the txt in two msgz...in pre i can't do that....if i want to send longer then 160 i have to creat an other msg.
    oh... so you mean you want it so you type out one message, and if it's over, the phone splits it and sends it as two messages, instead of making you do it?

sounds cool that nokida did that, although i don't think the pre does it maybe something you can post in the patch request forum?
    I remember my Pre doing that.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    In CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 you need to change on your network type sms long from 160 to 1000 (or smh. like that). That I did on my phone
    forums.pre central.net/gsm-pre/211728-modifying-webos-carrier-network-settings.html
    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    oh... so you mean you want it so you type out one message, and if it's over, the phone splits it and sends it as two messages, instead of making you do it?

sounds cool that nokida did that, although i don't think the pre does it maybe something you can post in the patch request forum?
    My Palm Pre+ on VZW does that...if you type it too long, it will automatically split it into two...or three if needed...texts...it even puts a little '1 of 2' and '2 of 2' on each text. On my last phone (LG VX8300 I think) I used to be able to send long texts to other verizon members, but texts to other network phones would be limited to 160...or 150.
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 02/24/2011 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Edit...oops, my old LG was a VX, not an LX.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

10.    #10  
    where i fined the file cariernetworksetting.db3 file?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    My Palm Pre+ on VZW does that...if you type it too long, it will automatically split it into two...or three if needed...texts...it even puts a little '1 of 2' and '2 of 2' on each text. On my last phone (LG LX8300 I think) I used to be able to send long texts to other verizon members, but texts to other network phones would be limited to 160...or 150.
    mine does not... i'm a pre- on sprint.
    Mine does on VZW too...i've had it auto split into 6 messages before...maybe it's a carrier thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad30 View Post
    where i fined the file cariernetworksetting.db3 file?
    forums.pre central.net/gsm-pre/211728-modifying-webos-carrier-network-settings.html
    Here is tutorial. Delete space on precentral
  14.    #14  
    hey guys i can't fined my network in .db3 file....nw what to do please help me
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Your Sprint Pre should split SMS messages automatically. Mine does.

Have you added a patch perhaps which is causing a problem?
    I have a Sprint Pre- and mine splits the messages up when I go over 160 characters. I do have the patch for timestamps clean and character counter, but I believe the Pre did this without those patches installed. Soup
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.