Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all. I am new here... but wanted to express my frustration with my pre plus its only 9 months old and I have been waiting for the 2.x for a long time. Ive been having issues with this phone for a couple weeks now, and took it into verizon yesterday 2/22/11, the ;ady who helped me got my problem to duplicate in the store (but not all the problems) she called tech support and then tech support called hp. They said my problem was "an update problem" and that hp said "we will have the 2.x update out for the pre plus THIS WEEK"
    Verizon offered to exchange my phone with another one to see if it has the same problems... If its an update issue the refurbished phone they give me will have the same issues... so I was frustrated and called HP myself to get an answer WHAT DATE WILL THE 2.x come out for the palm plus???? The customer service guy gave me the run around... so I asked to speak with a supervisor. His name is John and I have his ID# downstairs if anyone wants it... its cold Im in bed and too lazy to go get it right now... anyways... he said PALM/HP WILL NOT UPDATE THE PALM PLUS EVER... these devices DO NOT and WILL NOT support the 2.x... they are abandoning the plus and focusing on the pre2 & 3.
    I got very mad and told him this is poor customer service and I would be coming on forums to announce this... I will never buy a product from them again.
    So all you pre plus owners who have been promised an update since OCTOBER... they lied... please call and complain!!!!!
  2.    #2  
    SORRY for spelling errors!
    everyone else is busy getting 2.1 on their verizon phones... check this out WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    your a bit tarty to the anti-party...
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    Yeah, this info was released publicly a few weeks ago.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    Im not much of a forum person, so I may be a bit tardy... but I can still complain cant i?
    LOL, yeah most people were upset Feb. 9th and have gotten over it.... as mentioned above, there is a path to get 2.1 on your Pre.

By the way, what is your issue, there may be a solution that someone here can help you with.
  8.    #8  
    as of yesterday hp told tech support and verizon it would be here this week... so whats up with them giving everyone the run around? and now abandoning pre plus? my phone is so glitchy and I take very good care of it. Verizon said its an update issue
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    LOL, yeah most people were upset Feb. 9th and have gotten over it.... as mentioned above, there is a path to get 2.1 on your Pre.

By the way, what is your issue, there may be a solution that someone here can help you with.
    no service, having to reset multiple time a day, not getting phone calls, touch screen not working... stuff like that.
    when you call palm support, you are talking to someone in india reading from a script. Not so good news source. Look around here, and you will find news, and some pretty cool workarounds.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    when you call palm support, you are talking to someone in india reading from a script. Not so good news source. Look around here, and you will find news, and some pretty cool workarounds.
    ya both men had accents... i almost asked to speak from someone from the USA... I dont want to do anything to my phone that would void warranty though...
    You can't really blame HP for rumors and mis-information sales people spread. Yes, this information was actually announced on 2/9. Palm has also stated that they are working on possibly releasing a 2.x update through a download file instead of an OTA release. At this point, the Pre's are WAY past their competitive edge and are old technology. Like every other phone company out there, HP has new hardware coming out soon that blows past the Pre and PrePlus. So, there still may be a software update coming - but even if it doesn't come, I'd rather have new, competitive hardware.
    nothing will void your warranty. Using the standard doctor will always put you back to factory fresh.

what iis in 2.x that you are desperate to have? That might direct your strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nothappywithhppalm View Post
    ya both men had accents... i almost asked to speak from someone from the USA... I dont want to do anything to my phone that would void warranty though...
    Right? They have no idea what happens to your phone when you get it repaired and if anything goes wrong they just escalate it to level 2 customer service and say they'll have someone research it. And then it never happens.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    nothing will void your warranty. Using the standard doctor will always put you back to factory fresh.

what iis in 2.x that you are desperate to have? That might direct your strategy.
    Verizon said the problems will get worse without the update... it will continue to be glitchy thats why I want the update.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You can't really blame HP for rumors and mis-information sales people spread. Yes, this information was actually announced on 2/9. Palm has also stated that they are working on possibly releasing a 2.x update through a download file instead of an OTA release. At this point, the Pre's are WAY past their competitive edge and are old technology. Like every other phone company out there, HP has new hardware coming out soon that blows past the Pre and PrePlus. So, there still may be a software update coming - but even if it doesn't come, I'd rather have new, competitive hardware.
    but wouldnt that require buying a new phone? we are only 9 months into a 2 yr contract... its a little disappointing to have this happen now
    Verizon said the problems will get worse without the update... it will continue to be glitchy thats why I want the update.
    Simply mis-information that they are giving you. You can easily re-Doctor your phone back to a fresh install of webOS and be back to factory fresh. The reason that the 2.x version was scrubbed for older legacy models was because it was so glitchy. Just go to palm.com/rom and you can doctor your phone.

but wouldnt that require buying a new phone? we are only 9 months into a 2 yr contract... its a little disappointing to have this happen now
    I understand your point now (didn't realize your contract point). If you are having issues with your phone, I would back up all of your data (pics, movies, music, etc) from your USB drive, and doctor your phone back to a fresh install of webOS. Then I would install Preware and install the Uberkernal and Govnah to overclock your phone (which will get rid of a lot of the glitches and lag).
    Have you tried updating your PRL and network settings?

Open your phone dialing app, go to "preferences" from the top left drop down menu. scroll down and there should be Update PRL (could be different on VZN, I'm on Sprint) this updates what towers are in your local area if I am correct. Then for the heck of it, right above that is update network settings, click that. These could fix some of your issues (connection issues). The screen thing could be an over clocking or over heating issue, but it sounds like you don't OC. A new replacement Pre + may fix the screen touch problem if you are not over clocking...

Just my personal experience, but sometimes over clocking too high gives 2 of my Pre phones touch screen issues.
    So Nothappywithhppalm,
    I think the moral of your story is, when you are promised something by someone (esp in a store) have them put it in writing!

You got the run around by everyone in this. But straight up lied to by Verizon.
  20.    #20  
    Thanks everyone... I will try these in the morning, and see if this fixes things. I hope it does, if not I will be giving an ear full to verizon tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast