1.    #1  
    ok...after 24 hrs I FINALLY figured out step by step instructions on how to download preware and homebrew.. But I now hav 1 slight problem!!! Is there anyway to install everything to my pre without internet access?! I hav a computer, the USB, and Java 6..just no internet access....
    Well if your on Verizon and you have a laptop, you could use your hotspot...
  3.    #3  
    I'm not with verizon, I hav sprint...
    You have to have some way of downloading the file, which requires a net connection. For either the webOS internals feeds or the stand alone installer.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I'd suggest you head to mcdonalds or starbucks where wifi is free.

you need the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'd suggest you head to mcdonalds or starbucks where wifi is free.

you need the internet.
    This only works if they have a laptop or netbook.

Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7.    #7  
    awesome..thnx. Never thought abt going to mcdonalds or starbucks be4...
    Do you have WebOS Quick Install set up yet?
    QI gets everything from the internet... So the internet is still required to access the feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    QI gets everything from the internet... So the internet is still required to access the feeds.
    Unless you download a Preware ipk from your Pre and then transfer it to your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    This only works if they have a laptop or netbook.

he says he has a computer. If it isn't portable, he'll have to take it somewhere with an internet connection.
    He could try downloading WOSQI, a Doctor, and a Preware ipk to his Pre. Then just transfer it to his PC and get everything installed...

I'm pretty sure that would work...
  13.    #13  
    no I dnt hav anything installed yet
  14.    #14  
    I hav no clue how to do anything like that haha...i had to download the preware install app to even understand how to get that and everything with it