Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    So, it's been awhile since I've truly posted anything on here. For some time, I was on here everyday looking for answers and reading up on topics. I absolutely love the webOS platform and have stood behind it... and even tried to get others to get behind it as well.

After not getting another phone from Palm last year, my wife and I ended up taking the plunge on the htc EVO 4g's. The phones are very responsive, I think the Google Navigation is next to none (it really is awesome), and there are some great apps for my line of work (paramedic) that have helped me so far.

I have been frustrated the entire time, about 4 months maybe less. The calendar sucks, email stinks, contacts... just not as "seamless" as our beloved Pre. I have constantly considered jumping back to my Pre countless times, and finally did it yesterday...

Gonna attempt to sell our EVO's and wait for the Pre3...If we get it on Sprint Just letting you guys know we're back. I stand behind webOS 120%. Glad to see HP changed some of the focus to getting some handheld devices out there.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    My husband wants an EVO. Can't get him to use the Pre How much are you asking for the EVO??
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicX View Post
    So, it's been awhile since I've truly posted anything on here. For some time, I was on here everyday looking for answers and reading up on topics. I absolutely love the webOS platform and have stood behind it... and even tried to get others to get behind it as well.

After not getting another phone from Palm last year, my wife and I ended up taking the plunge on the htc EVO 4g's. The phones are very responsive, I think the Google Navigation is next to none (it really is awesome), and there are some great apps for my line of work (paramedic) that have helped me so far.

I have been frustrated the entire time, about 4 months maybe less. The calendar sucks, email stinks, contacts... just not as "seamless" as our beloved Pre. I have constantly considered jumping back to my Pre countless times, and finally did it yesterday...

Gonna attempt to sell our EVO's and wait for the Pre3...If we get it on Sprint Just letting you guys know we're back. I stand behind webOS 120%. Glad to see HP changed some of the focus to getting some handheld devices out there.
    Welcome back! Glad to see you stand behind webOS. Again.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Welcome back. I did the 30 day free trial on the Evo & came back to my Pre. Many good things about the Evo, as you mentioned, but I missed my webOS!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Welcome Back. I will be getting an EVO for my wife as see doesn't want to wait until summer. I was going to go with something else but now that Sprint is charging $10 extra for all smartphones it didn't make sense to get anything but an EVO. I however have the original Sprint Pre. Got it on the 1st day they came out and it is still going strong but I am waiting for Pre 3. I hope that they give us something special for holding on so long.
    I actually prefer the email on the Evo.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I actually prefer the email on the Evo.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    I actually don't. I have only my Gmail account on Evo. AOL and Yandex + Gmail are on Pre. Internet on Evo though....
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicX View Post

Re: Calendar Sucks.
    Normal calendar on Pre sucs also. You need a Calendar patch to unsuck it.
    Same with Evo. There is bunch good calendar apps on Android (note I did not said free apps)
    Where I work, the general consensus is that the Evo is on the low-end of high-end Android phones. Given a choice, they would get a different phone over the Evo.
    I had a big adjustment before I could really stand android. A good contact widget helped cut out a lot of aggravation trying to dig out contacts. That sent me back to the pixi for a few days before I started missing the bigger screen and better battery life.

I don't like email or calendar as well as webos but its tolerable I suppose.

I still like webos and am probably due to switch back again for a bit.
    Or good search app

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums