1.    #1  
    ohk. I've had my pre since it came out in '09.. My problem (that jus started this past Saturday) my phone turns offline & comes back on throughout the day by itself. Talked to a sprint rep & I updated the network settings.. Still didn't work.. Is there anything I can do to save my pre before I put it to rest?
    is it just losing the network, or actaully shutting off?
  3.    #3  
    losing network, reception bars, and the phone goes offline.. Seconds later it jumps back to full reception & the network symbol takes about 15 secs to come back..
    Use 'Save & Restore' to back up (almost) all your data & apps. You can also use 'preBackup' but a lot of ppl have reported issues with that. The advantage to preBackup is that it will back up txt messages. Then visit the Dr. However, if it's a hardware issue, the Dr isn't going to help. If you have TEP, take it to a Sprint store and have it replaced.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  5.    #5  
    ohk what is Dr. However and TEP?
    Sorry, that was 2 sentences. By Dr. I was referring to the webOS repair doctor. There are posts a wikis available here but I can't really link to them from my Pre. Basically, it wipes the OS partition of your device & reinstalls a fresh copy of webOS. It will not effect your media partition of your Pre. TEP is the Total Equipment Protection (insurance) available from Sprint for $7/month
    A complete factory refresh install using webOS Doctor should take care of any software issues and if that doesn't help TEP is the only way left.
  8.    #8  
    wow.. Thanks a lot guys.. Bad part about this is I JUST got rid of my insurance last month.. Had no problems with it before til now.. If I use webos doctor would it erase the apps I paid for.. And I don't feel like goin through all the steps of installin preware..
    There's really not a whole lot of steps involved in installing Preware, should take you all of about 20 minutes. And, the benefits are definitely worth it.

As far as the Dr wiping your paid apps, no, i don't believe it will. As far as I understand, your Palm Profile remembers all the apps you have, free or paid.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.