1.    #1  
    just got my palm pre plus an seems to have the 3g data icon lit up constanly making my battery run down fast an never shows the icon? n e one else having this problem? is this normal?
    it's on when the phone uses the radio to access the web. What are you doing at that timen heavy usage can eat 10-20% per hour. As much fun as new users have with a pre, you are probably pounding it constantly.

welcome. If you look around you will find some threads on saving battery kife.

amazon sells genuine pre batteries for under $5 now, so I recommend you grab some spares.
  3.    #3  
    thank you, i know its using data when it lights up, my problem is it stays constant never goes out an this is the second phone i got in 4days, so wondering if n e other at&t pre plus are doin it.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    With GSM phones, the 3G icon is reporting you are in range of a 3G signal, not using data.

When not in range of 3G towers, you'll see the icon change to either "E" (Edge) or less occasionally "G" (GPRS)

Be glad you see 3G all the time! Those of us in fringe areas are not so lucky...

This is completely normal.

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it's on when the phone uses the radio to access the web. What are you doing at that timen heavy usage can eat 10-20% per hour. As much fun as new users have with a pre, you are probably pounding it constantly.

welcome. If you look around you will find some threads on saving battery kife.

amazon sells genuine pre batteries for under $5 now, so I recommend you grab some spares.
    A little off topic but is it the same on an EVDO connection. EV lit up = data being sent and not lit up = no data?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  6.    #6  
    thanks wyrenut, yes craftsman my friend has a sprint does that is why I was askin about mine..