Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Original discussion uprooted, now general 2.1 on Sprint Pre- and other carriers
    Last edited by Kujila; 02/22/2011 at 10:15 PM.
    Hi there! I too am looking to achieve this. I have an ATT Pre+ handset that I swapped my Sprint Pre- comm board into and currently run 1.4.5. My device is recognized as a Sprint device on all the HP checkers. I'd like to try and metadoctor to 2.1 but it looks a bit risky since this is my only working phone. Keep me posted and good luck! I can't wait!!!
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I wasn't aware the current 2.1 legal doctor could be meta'd to pre-
    It sure can.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    It sure can.
    How about a link or some help please? I have a little experience with the conversion and metadoctor. My tokens are waiting!!!
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I am spent for tonight - stuck at pulling CDMA firmware from Pre 2 doctor. I'm not good at Meta Doctor. I've been told Sprint Pre- won't text/phone correctly without some fancy firmware changes!

Hopefully in a couple of days, there's a step-by-step (For morons like me!) guide on exactly what needs copied and such to make a functional Pre-

BY THE WAY

Anyone who is flashing Pre-/Pre+ to 2.1:

Have you tried taking
    Code:
    \usr\lib\BrowserServerPlugins\libflashplayer.so
    from the Verizon Pre 2 Doctor and plopping it into your 2.1 installation?

Does it auto-magically make flash player work in the browser? \o/
    I would like to see this as well. Love to see my Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5 up to 2.x
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I am with you on this. Hoping for the fully baked directions soon!
    [QUOTE=Stevesrjr86;2881900][url]
    I've been following this thread & still too many caveats & profile issues for me yet. Doesn't appear to be worth the loss of OC kernels & patches & stuff either.