1.    #1  
    Is there an easy way to text somebody a persons contat info, like their name and number? Besides opening the slider and cut & paste.

Thanks
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    There is a send contact option from the menu of a particular contact.
  3.    #3  
    It sends a vcard but how do you read it?
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    It probably has to be read by the Contact app of the phone. Depending on the receiving phone, there is probably an "Import" or "Add to contacts" or some such option somewhere in the options of the text msg or in the contacts app itself.
    if they have a smartphone they will probably be able to read it. But not always. For dumbphones you have to put the contact into edit mode and copy/paste one field at a time.
    if they have a smartphone they will probably be able to read it. But not always. For dumbphones you have to put the contact into edit mode and copy/paste one field at a time.
    I've sent contacts via sms several times. Even people with dumbphones have no problem accepting them.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I've sent contacts via sms several times. Even people with dumbphones have no problem accepting them.
    Have you done it with a Plam Pre 2? How? Mine just have "Send to car Kit", "Send Via MMS" and "Send Via Email", SMS is not an option and dumb phones can't read MMSs.
    Quote Originally Posted by altrig View Post
    Have you done it with a Plam Pre 2? How? Mine just have "Send to car Kit", "Send Via MMS" and "Send Via Email", SMS is not an option and dumb phones can't read MMSs.
    It's send via MMS
    Quote Originally Posted by altrig View Post
    Why would you think that dumbphones can't read MMSs? That's just the technical term for picture mail and everyone can read that.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.